Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
12,845 Posts
Is it correct that the AC rapid charging is standard Type 2 (7 pin) so would work with any car that has that socket? I'm assuming the BMW i3 has that socket in the EU?

I guess the EU will start to mandate that socket on all new EVs? Maybe we will see the Ampera/Volt change to that socket in 2014?

· Premium Member
12,845 Posts
Is it not a bit mad to have a third ‘standard’ - why did BMW did not go with 43KW like the Zoë?

· Premium Member
12,845 Posts
So what plug is CCS?

· Premium Member
12,845 Posts
What is good is that our tethered charging cable for the Ampera should charge a CCS car if someone visits (or we buy a new car) with that socket.

· Premium Member
12,845 Posts
The GM Spark EV has CCS as an option too. With the number of manufacturers supporting it look likely to become the new standard.

http://bcove.me/2hvl8ui4

· Premium Member
12,845 Posts

· Premium Member
12,845 Posts
The new ecotricity units seem reliable and so far I have not found them to be ICEd - the proper hatching on the ground helps and it is shame more posts do not something similar.

· Premium Member
12,845 Posts
Will either of the rapid charge plugs work with the Tesla S - just in case I win the lottery ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.