Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone from outside the UK been able to get a RFID card from @Ecotricity ? I've filled in their form quite some time ago but haven't received any reply at all. I'm planning an all-electric holiday to the UK, have already obtained a card from @CYC (got it yesterday, thanks!).

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tweet? I don't do that, my motto is "I follow no one!" ;)
No Facebook either. I'll send them an email. I've got enough friends and colleagues in the UK so should be able to do the proxy bit but I'd rather follow the official process.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I think your CYC card will also work on Ecotricity, i have used CYC at Ecotricity points several times

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Bear in mind when you're over here there is no weekend support from Ecotricity :(

·
Zoe Devotee
8,316 Posts
Wish I had an Outlander. Even moderators are taking pops at Zoe owners now.

@rez_p enjoy your visit, don't worry from what I've seen hostilities are reserved for board use only, never met anyone nasty at any charger (in fact I've hardly met anyone at a charger full stop).

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys! Yes I'm fully aware of all the tribal disputes between EV owners in the UK :p
Luckily the B class electric drive is such a rarity our reputation hasn't spread yet ;)

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Luckily the B class electric drive is such a rarity our reputation hasn't spread yet ;)
Is that why your coming over :eek:
How far North are you intending to travel?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haven't got a clue yet, I'm thinking of Cornwall, the missus wants to go to the Highlands! And we haven't decided on when to go either. Once I've got a rough plan I'll seek advise on specific routes and chargers...

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No worries, I'll put a small resistor in the charge cable to convert from 240V to 230V :ROFLMAO:

·
Zoe Devotee
8,316 Posts
Haven't got a clue yet, I'm thinking of Cornwall, the missus wants to go to the Highlands! And we haven't decided on when to go either. Once I've got a rough plan I'll seek advise on specific routes and chargers...
You couldn't have picked a better time to visit the Highlands, as a rash of new rapids are coming on line which makes getting around possible (where it wasn't possible before, as there wasn't even 7kw posts in many places).

1 - 20 of 42 Posts