Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All users of the electric highway will pay 30p a kwh from the beginning of May. The 50% reduction given to its customers is being suspended.
The email announcing this does include encouraging news about the replacement of charger on the electric highway. It states "We are putting the finishing touches to our first ultra-rapid installation on the motorway network, this has 12 of the new 350kW pumps – which will become our network standard."
Apologies if this has already been posted, but I could not find it announced yet on SpeakEV.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,737 Posts
I thought that would happen. If they hooked up with electric juice it would have remained possible to offer a discount to ecotricty customers perhaps. Maybe they'll do one for octopus ones instead....

·
Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
1,045 Posts
You’ve got to be very keen to use 100% renewably generated energy as opposed to offset to stick with Ecotricity these days. I can’t believe how much lower our bills are since we switched to Octopus.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,802 Posts
I switched away from Ecotricity years ago, but still got the discount via the App for some reason, quite welcome the odd time I used them.

I got a call from them the other day offering to fit a smart meter to the property I lived in over 3 years ago where they presumably stilll supply, I don’t think customer databases are their thing!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
4,100 Posts
All users of the electric highway will pay 30p a kwh from the beginning of May. The 50% reduction given to its customers is being suspended.
The email announcing this does include encouraging news about the replacement of charger on the electric highway. It states "We are putting the finishing touches to our first ultra-rapid installation on the motorway network, this has 12 of the new 350kW pumps – which will become our network standard."
Apologies if this has already been posted, but I could not find it announced yet on SpeakEV.
The replacement of chargers is down to the recent 25% buy-in by Gridserve, who will take over responsibility for the charging network.
The new installation is at the brand new Rugby MSA just off M6 J1, due to open any day now.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
842 Posts
Dale said Rugby ‘opening in 5 days’ yesterday, which suggests Saturday 1 May.

I’ll be driving past on that day or the day after, so here’s hoping!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.