Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since having our Leaf, we've used it pretty much all we can, we love it. My wife has a VW Beetle as a company car and that's great, but we REALLY enjoy the EV experience, as do the kids.

We've "had" to drive the Beetle a few times on day trips, because of the range of the Nissan, however I can't help but feel for most of our journeys that will be a thing of the past when the "planned" Ecotricity Electric Highway points come online in the near future: http://www.ecotricity.co.uk/for-the-road/our-electric-highway

However, if we want to go south from our home in Milton Keynes, this still looks like, for quick trips, a no-go for EV transport without serious consideration and planning, especially far south-east or south-west.

I wonder why this is?

By quick days out, I mean get up, go, enjoy, go back. So a few hours there, and a few hours back is all we have time for, no "fast" charger would do, only rapid.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think it is quite difficult to plan longer journeys. There are so many different maps with the charger points on, but nothing that is difinative. Some of the information is a little outdated too. What sites do you find best to plan your routes?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts