Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've used most charge points between Gloucester services and Stoke on Trent. Not had any issues apart from availability. Plan B with options as near to motorway junctions essential and don't let range get too low. All part of the great EV adventure!

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,205 Posts
Last month I used the Ecotricity chargers at Stafford North and South. North has an old tatty one and a new unit. South were still two old units, on is AC/Chademo and the other CCS/Chademo if I remember correctly. Both sides worked. No problems.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I prefer services because one can spend time on coffee / food / toilets whilst the car charges but always run the risk of not being able to charge due to faulty chargers. Anyone got recommendations on which services have good back up options nearby on this stretch of m6?

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,205 Posts
I've also used Sandbach North Ecotricity with no problems. As a backup for that, there's a BP pulse a mile or so further up at the next junction Co-Op.

Why don't you just use Zap-Map and see for yourself how many charging options there are these days on the leg that you're interested in?

This is just 50kW or greater CCS rapid chargers on your route or nearby:

·
Registered
Corsa SRI Nav Premium
5,131 Posts
Thanks for the input. I prefer services because one can spend time on coffee / food / toilets whilst the car charges but always run the risk of not being able to charge due to faulty chargers. Anyone got recommendations on which services have good back up options nearby on this stretch of m6?
There's a Polar at the Holiday Inn just a couple of hundred yards off the Junction 15 for A500 Stoke on Trent.

First exit off the roundabout and up the hill.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.