Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped at Fleet Services Eastbound earlier to recharge. Found this Jeep Wrangler blocking one of the bays. Luckily the CHAdeMO cable was long enough to reach.

The drive of the Jeep sauntered back 20 mins later with her arms full of McDonalds.

First time I've seen an Ecotricity bay ICEd. Nice to see the ground works are already completed for the second CCS/CHAdeMo rapid to be installed.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Not exactly a lack of signing there, is there?

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Looks like a submission to the DHOTD group on Facebook (D*** Head of the Day). They post pics of inappropriate parking.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
At least she wasn't blocking both spaces.
When I used Scotch Corner I found a badly parked Discovery straddling both spaces. There was *just* enough room for me to squeeze in and charge.
The passenger in the car shrugged when I pointed out the signs; when the driver returned he had barely enough space to open his door. I pointed out the signs to him also (I was smiling at the time, so it was all good humoured) and he had the good grace to look embarrassed. Pretty sure he was carrying McD's food too (might have been KFC).

Reactions: Brooktop

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Seems to be that hitting inconsiderate people in the pocket is the only way. I once pointed out to a driver who had just parked in a parent & child space that the space was reserved for such and he said, "So.....I've got a child!". (He was just with his wife and was in his late 50s). I just wish supermarkets would enforce these things.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So will there be a PCN in the post for that ICE?
I doubt it. I suspect the threat of fines is just that, a threat. There may well be ANPR cameras monitoring entry/exit to the site but I've never seen a camera covering the RC's specifically?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Stopped at Fleet Services Eastbound earlier to recharge. Found this Jeep Wrangler blocking one of the bays. Luckily the CHAdeMO cable was long enough to reach.

The drive of the Jeep sauntered back 20 mins later with her arms full of McDonalds.

First time I've seen an Ecotricity bay ICEd. Nice to see the ground works are already completed for the second CCS/CHAdeMo rapid to be installed.

I sincerely hope she ends up regretting the most expensive trip to Mcdonalds ever.

Might be worth sending this pic to ecotricity so they can get in touch with the car park managers?

I'd have no compunction over grassing her up, the ignorance of the act means she deserves everything she gets.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts

Tweet the photo to @ivebeeniced

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I just wish supermarkets would enforce these things.
My local ASDA did - £70 and there was a local newspaper storm. It was raining, fella dropped wife & baby in the drop off zone. they went into the store. He then got out of the car, locked it and went into the store. Parking guy saw single fella getting out of the car and booked him Danno

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Sounds fair enough, the drop off zone is for dropping off, he could then go and park properly if he intended to stay long enough to require a locked car? Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Sounds fair enough, the drop off zone is for dropping off, he could then go and park properly if he intended to stay long enough to require a locked car? Or am I missing something?
Think you're missing the bit where he parked up in the parent + children area? And hence got a ticket for single person getting out of the car.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
"Dropped wife and baby in the drop off zone". Drop off isn't parent and child usually, that was what I was thinking.
I'm thinking he dropped them off in the drop-off zone then parked in the parent/child spaces, but got ticketed for being a lone man in parent/child.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I'm guessing this car park is in a busy town and patrolled by a third party contractor. Otherwise I'm sure Customer Services would have rescinded it at the time once he made it clear he was with his wife & child. Or was it one of the 'non-stories' that local papers have had to resort to covering?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I'm guessing this car park is in a busy town and patrolled by a third party contractor. Otherwise I'm sure Customer Services would have rescinded it at the time once he made it clear he was with his wife & child. Or was it one of the 'non-stories' that local papers have had to resort to covering?

Busy town: Cheltenham
Private Contractor: Check

1 - 20 of 26 Posts