Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a little "buggette" recently on the new ecotricity map, its easier to show you rather than explain so see the below video for more info

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
You're both right, I have no idea why or how they made these decisions, madness.
the sceptic in me says it was redesigned so that you don't see a field of red anymore... I considered using a Ecotricty location this week but the map was such hard work that I gave up and moved the meeting to a location with charging onsite :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I am sure its exactly why the map changed Kevin, all they have done doing this is made it even harder for people to navigate this mess, given the current situation with the reliability of the chargers its the exact opposite of what they should be doing to be honest.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
It used to have a bug the way it was before too so if they revert back, which I am sure most of us actual users would welcome, that should be addressed too.

The problem was that where 2 chargers exist at a motorway junction you had to zoom in several clicks before the single green pin separated. Only then would you see the red pin hiding behind its always far less less camera shy bold green companion!

Clearly red is used for both unservicable and a predisposition to blush! Now they have all been given a makeover foundation thick as a grey mask so now we can't tell if they are beaming or blushing at first sight:rolleyes:.

Far more important in my view is the fact that it is only the local masks that now get removed, A very retrograde step for longer journey planning!
This is a very bad sign for something called "The Electric Highway". Come on Ecotricity please rethink this and maintain your well earned Electric Highway street cred.

Of course this could have been a directive from Nissan GB who have far more skin in the game of hiding rapid outages!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts