Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very odd this morning at Heston services eastbound M4, plugged in my i3 on CCS, went to log in via the app and couldn't- but the car merrily charged anyway!
I've checked my bank and no payment made either -which was nice.

Anyone else had this?

If it's common to these chargers then it'd explain the fact there were 2 taxis charging when I came back -taxi drivers know all the fiddles!

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
4,365 Posts
I think they default to free vend when they lose connectivity?

I wouldn’t be surprised if GPS/Phone Signal jammers are in use at these locations by some. I wonder if they work?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks Tooks, it caught me by surprise and was the one saving grace of Heston which was an absolute tip! I normally charge at Chievely but Heston is far closer to my occasional work destination.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Very odd this morning at Heston services eastbound M4, plugged in my i3 on CCS, went to log in via the app and couldn't- but the car merrily charged anyway!
I've checked my bank and no payment made either -which was nice.

Anyone else had this?

If it's common to these chargers then it'd explain the fact there were 2 taxis charging when I came back -taxi drivers know all the fiddles!
Yes used to be the case with the one at Ikea Glasgow, think there was a visible small red line through the signal icon on the top right of the screen.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have had Free charges from Ecotricity a few times. Sometimes you can follow the on screen messages, plug in and press a button, but on other occasions i’ve been surprised to find the car just started charging, while I was still trying to connect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts