Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

My Evezy.co.uk referral code: b4552
Tesla Model 3 SR
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at South Mimms services the other day to meet someone and as they have a 7kw charger there still (Thanks @Ecotricity !) thought I'd get a cheeky charge in the Ampera whilst slowly eating a Zinger.

Anyway, whilst there (they have a new rapid under a cover it would seem) two young chaps from DBT turned up in a French hire van. They spoke no English at all, but from my school boy French I worked out they had come to fix the other charger. They had driven all the way from France (and the associated diesel that must take) to do it.

I thought that slightly bonkers if true.

Attachments

Super Moderator
How interesting! Hopefully DBT will get some good feedback about how the units are performing in our "unique" climate!

Registered
I'm sorry, but that is just nuts. Are DBT/Ecotricity seriously saying no one in the UK is capable of repairing a DBT charger?

Registered
Perhaps this was the total innards redesign rather than a simple fault...
South Mimms was Ecotricity's first rapid - it's just a single CHAdeMO, the AC charger is a separate unit.
They might be upgrading it to a dual/triple, but I'd rather they just put in another rapid.

Registered
its also the most reliable, its hardly ever been down in the nearly 3 years its been there

Dont mess with something thats not broken :)

Registered
Keen to prevent the risk of a Tesla land grab?
I saw another two Tesla supercharger bases covered up at Keel services Welcome Break? I think on exiting Saturday.

Registered
Why do you say "Tesla supercharger bases"?
Keele is due to double up Rapids this month on the RCN surely?
These were identical to the ones I first saw at S.Mimms, since conformed to be Tesla supercharger mounts.
they are considerably flatter and wider than a DBT tripple headed charger and were covered with a light grey cover like S,Mimms. It was starting to get dark and raining so I didn't inspect them any further but they were not Ecotricity and the Ecotricity rapid is in front of the main entrance. These were in the overspill car park away from the buildings before the exit which was some 100-150 meters away from the single DBT.

Registered
So I guess this was Keele South (looking at the Google Sat pics)?
Must mean Keele has no power issues. Almost sounds like they are down toward the petrol station? Maybe tapping power from there?

Registered
So I guess this was Keele South (looking at the Google Sat pics)?
Must mean Keele has no power issues. Almost sounds like they are down toward the petrol station? Maybe tapping power from there?
Yes,yes, and probably from fuel station yes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts