Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So It seems the old chargers that ecotricity bodged CCS onto are unreliable for use with the Ioniq28.
However with them now being replaced it might actually make the network usable.
The question is as I am going away halfway through the upgrade its prob going to be 50/50 if any charger i use is the old or new one.

Basicly are we seeing the likes off ZAPMAP marking sites as upgraded , because otherwise Ecotricity will remain effectively useless

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,920 Posts
So It seems the old chargers that ecotricity bodged CCS onto are unreliable for use with the Ioniq28.
However with them now being replaced it might actually make the network usable.
The question is as I am going away halfway through the upgrade its prob going to be 50/50 if any charger i use is the old or new one.

Basicly are we seeing the likes off ZAPMAP marking sites as upgraded , because otherwise Ecotricity will remain effectively useless
Select the filter in Zap Map for ‘Ecotricity (nextgen)’ and you’ll see the upgraded sites.

There are plenty of other providers now though, Instavolt and Osprey etc, who will likely still be more available than the Ecotricity/Gridserve sites which are still small setups in many locations with one or two chargers.

·
EV Convert
iPace HSE / 2019 and eTron 55 / 2020
711 Posts
I also have it on good authority from one of the senior peoiple at Gridserve that there will shortly be a Gridserve website page to track the progress and status of this programme.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I also have it on good authority from one of the senior peoiple at Gridserve that there will shortly be a Gridserve website page to track the progress and status of this programme.
It would be good if Gridserve speak to the people running the old Ecotricity back-end and get some real-time status reported there (as well as zap-map, plugshare and any other interested parties), because it would be good to know the state of charge point before you arrive there, even if you don't need the app to actually start the charge.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
It’s just a photo of them rolling around in that grant money they got for converting a farm into a white elephant isn’t it? 😆

1 - 6 of 6 Posts