Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got our transfer in and working on the new EDF Electric Vehicle tarriff

took a month since we moved to them as the messed up the meter reading on transfer (transposed the night to day reading) even tho they were supplied correctly

Base rates not as low as some, but with much longer hours at the lower rate it’s a better tariff for those with bigger batteries that struggle to get enough charge on the cheap times of Octopus or Eco7 night rates

prices vary by region but in the East Midlands the prices are as below

off peak times are fixed in all regions

OFF PEAK Monday to Friday. 9pm to 7am (10 hours)
OFF PEAK Weekend.. 9pm Friday throu to 7am Monday non stop

rates (East Midlands). 17.1p kWh peak, 8.1p kWh off peak... standing charge 28p day

so realy only a lot of use if youmake a lot of use off peak or weekend. (large battery EV)

no referral credits or anything like that, but worth a look to see if it works out cheaper

·
Premium Member
9,669 Posts
It is an interesting tariff (similar to E10) and once we have access to the Octopus 30 min readings it will be easier to work out if cheaper for us than Go. Lower cost all weekend is novel.

However, our overnight charging might drop once we have Model 3 as OH is planning to charge on the 11kW destination charger at her golf course (at least twice a week!) and Zoe will only do local duties.

·
Registered
630 Posts
It is interesting for sure.
But Pure Planet have a 13.64p/kw rate and an equivalent to standing charge of 22p/day
The biggest advantage I find in PP is that the revise their rates regularly and I had a drop in price 3 times in 4 months.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agree it only suits big battery users

At the moment we are averaging 5kwh each day and 47kwh each night. So a big advantage over tgge other rates

·
Premium Member
9,669 Posts
Agree it only suits big battery users

At the moment we are averaging 5kwh each day and 47kwh each night. So a big advantage over tgge other rates
Not only do you need to have a big battery you probably also need to do big miles every day for it work out cheaper.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I need to do some sums, the longer off peak rate, especially at the weekends would make quite a difference to us and might work out cheaper and not because of needing more time to charge the cars.
Looks like a good tariff.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need to do some sums, the longer off peak rate, especially at the weekends would make quite a difference to us and might work out cheaper and not because of needing more time to charge the cars.
Looks like a good tariff.
Yes we thought the same with no solar the low rate at weekends is a bonus for when Vicky needs to do the washing cleaning and hoovering along with the general woman's work. :)

Good job she ever comes of Facebook so won't see this

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
It's not Vicky you need to worry about, you're sure to be taken to task on here by someone with that comment!

We have solar but the sun doesn't shine all the time and we can't shift everything to off peak tariff. If the washing machine went on at 9 the drier could go on just before we went to sleep and at weekends when we are home it would all be cheaper rate. Going to need to get the spreadsheet out again.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I filled in their online form to get prices for this tariff last week and had an email this morning saying that as my meter is smets 1 and not from them they won't be able to access the data so I can't swap to that tariff.
Why don't they want to swap the meter to one they can read?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's really odd. They swapped our old meter and put a smets2 one in with no issue

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got turned down too as I only have a smets1 meter and they said they weren’t upgrading them in my area currently (Wirral)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Just remember the times are in GMT. In summer time move them ahead by an hour.
2100 to 700 GMT.

I have had them for over a month now and just booked install for SMETS2 install in September.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I have had them for over a month now and just booked install for SMETS2 install in September.
Were you already with EDF? Or don't you have a smart meter yet?

Is it to do with getting paid to change the meter to a smart one so those already having a SMETS1 meter aren't a ready source of cash for the meter installers?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Were you already with EDF? Or don't you have a smart meter yet?

Is it to do with getting paid to change the meter to a smart one so those already having a SMETS1 meter aren't a ready source of cash for the meter installers?
Long time ago I took EDF Eco 20:20 tariff. While I moved suppliers, I still had the old meter.

The new EV tariff is resurrection off Thai old tariff and I was allowed to join as I had that meter.

Smart meter is optional for me but I could do without having to submit readings

- Leaf 30 kWh
Sent from mobile phone so please mind the typos

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Long time ago I took EDF Eco 20:20 tariff. While I moved suppliers, I still had the old meter.

The new EV tariff is resurrection off Thai old tariff and I was allowed to join as I had that meter.

Smart meter is optional for me but I could do without having to submit readings

- Leaf 30 kWh
Thanks, makes sense why you coud get on the tariff and others of us can't.
It seems strange that they have an EV tariff but several of us with EV's can't get on it because we don't have the right meter.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Thanks, makes sense why you coud get on the tariff and others of us can't.
It seems strange that they have an EV tariff but several of us with EV's can't get on it because we don't have the right meter.
Yes from my chat with them they seemed to be taking on folks with SMETs 2. I was one of the lucky non smart meter people who signed up. They had a meter look up before they called me.

It has been a good meter. I had 12p / 8p rates with ISupplyEnergy until October.

- Leaf 30 kWh

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Just remember the times are in GMT. In summer time move them ahead by an hour.
2100 to 700 GMT.

What times are in GMT? My SMETS 1 smart meter copes with daylight saving automatically, even when it has been 'between owners' as it is now.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
About this Discussion
96 Replies
25 Participants
Hermit Dave
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing