Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a charger installed by New Motion back in January, but I am struggling to get them to provide me with a certificate that reassures me their installation complies with the latest regs. I will need this if/when I ever sell my house.

Isn’t the providing of this Certificate a legal requirement?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve only just received an invoice, and am still waiting a reply to my request in Feb to see the certificate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
I’ve only just received an invoice, and am still waiting a reply to my request in Feb to see the certificate
Given the current situation their offices may be pretty much in limbo, so that may be understandable. Might be worth phoning them and asking, though that may take some patience.

·
Registered
Leaf e+
188 Posts
Have you paid the invoice by chance? I am sure if you carefully read their T&Cs and can demonstrate they’re not holding their side of the contract - temporarily withholding payment would not be unreasonable.

I had my charger installed by a medium size electrical contractors in mid-Feb, and still not had an invoice as I guess it’s still going through OLEV chuff - but did get all the certification paperwork through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, won’t pay until I get certificate.

I presume they MUST provide one?

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
If you haven't paid, the job never happened?

I think the electrician who did my commando socket only sent the certificates after I paid the invoice. It seemed quite reasonable at the time, but I always try and pay my bills once the service is complete anyway.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does this require a new cert or amendment to your original certification number as this is a change to the whole installation ?
Surely cant have two certificates to same property .

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
No, won’t pay until I get certificate.

As part of the OLEV grant scheme, Yes. Otherwise it's down to the T&C on the contract.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Good luck, my sister never got one even after chasing it for about 2 years. She did a charge back on her credit card for the extra they charged her too and got the money back in the end. They never chased the money.

Oh and now the charger is broken, she paid for a ~7kw charger and they only used a 16amp fuse :(

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Good luck, my sister never got one even after chasing it for about 2 years. She did a charge back on her credit card for the extra they charged her too and got the money back in the end. They never chased the money.

Oh and now the charger is broken, she paid for a ~7kw charger and they only used a 16amp fuse :(
That might not be correct because nobody uses a fuse to limit a charger output.

What is it about the combination of national installation companies and uninformed purchasers that leads to poor outcomes like this.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Aero Conditioning Ltd. who installed my POD-Point charger back in November 2014 never issued me with a certificate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts