Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First time post for me having had my ZS for just a month. Getting to grips now with both the car and all the charging in & outs.

Being a bit of a nerd, I have always kept a log of petrol that's gone in my previous cars. Does anyone know of an app or similar to keep track of energy & cost going into the EV that would work out cost / mile and miles per kWh? I know I could knock up a spreadsheet, but thought there might be a more elegant solution out there.

Thanks in anticipation

David

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,235 Posts
I run an excel spreadsheet for mileage to make sure I don't go over my allowance. I suppose it could be adapted to add a column for charging or even create another spreadsheet.

I need the spreadsheet as I do most of my miles during the summer and the gradually come back to the allowance over the winter. Zoe was first registered in March.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sorry, I have not come across anything that does that. Ecotricity keeps a record of every transaction so there is some accountability there, and I would assume any other account based charging services would too. I have done about 1670 miles in mine. On a monthly basis I do about 1000 miles of motorway driving, broken into two return trip of 500 miles each, plus local pootling. As a result I use rapid chargers a fair bit. I have spent about £45 on rapid charging, I charge for free at work the rest of the time. I used to spend at least £80 for each return motorway trip in diesel (inlcuding the local driving when I was at my desitnation) plus about another £50 doing other stuff locally. My diesel bill was almost as much as the PCP on my car.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,235 Posts
Sorry, I have not come across anything that does that. Ecotricity keeps a record of every transaction so there is some accountability there, and I would assume any other account based charging services would too. I have done about 1670 miles in mine. On a monthly basis I do about 1000 miles of motorway driving, broken into two return trip of 500 miles each, plus local pootling. As a result I use rapid chargers a fair bit. I have spent about £45 on rapid charging, I charge for free at work the rest of the time. I used to spend at least £80 for each return motorway trip in diesel (inlcuding the local driving when I was at my desitnation) plus about another £50 doing other stuff locally. My diesel bill was almost as much as the PCP on my car.
My spreadsheet breaks down to about 3p/mile (over 2 Zoes) if I ignore all the free charging that we have had, which could be anything from an 1/8th to 1/4 of 35000ish miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts