Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Mokka e out today . 145 plus mile round trip. Motorway speed well i kept it to 65. Run on Eco etc
Look I was a bit concerned if we would get back...tried to find a charger at Sth Mimms on the way back. No joy. Tried in Borehamwood again no fast charger to be found. Anyway long story short it got home with 19pct. The trip meter reckons it was doing 4.6miles per kwh. The message I'm getting from that is I should have more confidence in the car. I would think it could do another 25miles..that's what 170miles? Happy with that. Just the two of us and the big dog...

·
Registered
Citroen C4e Shine
213 Posts
Outside temp 14c no I didn't have the heater on. I was running the Sat Nav, using the cruise control and no audio (didn't want to interrupt my wife). A127 M25 M40 Uxbridge and back couple of off track diversions round Sth Mimms
Can agree that my regular e4C trips today have seen a marked improvement as the higher temperature has given me 4.2 (eco mode) as apposed to 3.2 last week. The PSA platform really is impacted by the cold and warmer weather.

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y, 2022
1,101 Posts
Took my Mokka e out today . 145 plus mile round trip. Motorway speed well i kept it to 65. Run on Eco etc
Look I was a bit concerned if we would get back...tried to find a charger at Sth Mimms on the way back. No joy. Tried in Borehamwood again no fast charger to be found. Anyway long story short it got home with 19pct. The trip meter reckons it was doing 4.6miles per kwh. The message I'm getting from that is I should have more confidence in the car. I would think it could do another 25miles..that's what 170miles? Happy with that. Just the two of us and the big dog...
What was the issue with chargers at south mimms and borehamwood? There is also a McDonalds with Instavolt few miles from south mimms. And then a lot of 7 kWh near Barnet some with even free parking!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sth Mimms. Ecotricity. One completely out of action. Second only the chademo was working. Nrby Shell one unit and again only the Chademo working. No ccs. So I gave up and nursed it home, keeping fingers crossed 🤞 Dog was getting fed up by then and so was I. I looked up the Maccy Ds on ZapMap and decided I could keep doing this hopping a few miles and hoping. Meanwhile I'm using power. 7kw no good as I wasn't going to wait three or four hours with a hungry dog etc.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Good job the chargers were not working -you would have only blocked them for some one who did need them.

I suspect that 50% of people on rap[id chargers dont NEED them.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
11,027 Posts
I suspect that 50% of people on rap[id chargers dont NEED them.
Is that from the same source as 50% of statistics are made up? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
EV6 GT Line and e208 GT
648 Posts
Yeah that's my take as well. Believe the % meter and not the GOM so much.
Same here. Just done two back to back 55 miles journeys in the e208. Left with 84% and arrived back with 20%. Overall 3.7 miles/kWh with morning journey done in 5 degrees C and return in 9 degrees C, car pre heated on home charger before we set off. 19 miles left on the GOM at the end means about 130 miles range but some of this trip was at 70mph and about 50% at lower A road speeds. A Better Route Planner allowed 3.3 miles/kWh arriving back with 12% so as soon as you see your average is better, relax as you will make it 😀

·
Registered
EV6 GT Line and e208 GT
648 Posts
I just realised that at that rate of consumption today we could have squeezed 200 miles out of the 45kW battery full to empty so realistically 180. Not too shabby.

·
Registered
EV6 GT Line and e208 GT
648 Posts
That's superb. They are let down by the GOM. If your still getting familiar with the car the GOM induces needless fear.
I was very impressed as its not an aerodynamic car at all and not that efficient! To be honest I reckon 20% of the route was at 70mph, most was at 50 to 60mph which makes quite a difference but had internal temp set on 21 degrees C and car set on Normal, not Eco and in D for coasting effect rather than B mode I use around town. I think the pre heating from the home charger had a really positive effect and the fact that it warmed up during the day and was dry with little wind.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts