Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
EGolf
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having had the eGolf since the end of January and only covering 500 miles in that time I have enjoyed taking it over my VW T6.1 daily at every opportunity. Today I had some errands to run and clocked up 45miles all city driving in the Bristol sunshine. I discovered the display showing miles/efficiency since charge. It now displays 100 miles since charge with a guesstimated 45 miles left to go. I have only charged to 80% so that's a theoretical 174 miles from a full charge.

I must say I am really impressed with this figure and assuming it will get better with the warmer weather it is proving a really good buy. The more time I've spend driving it I have been experimenting with the regen settings. Stop/start traffic is best in B mode whilst slightly faster city driving is more fun in regen 1 or 2 to get that bit of engine brake feel. Once free from traffic I prefer to coast in D mode to get the mode efficiency.

Perfect City car for us, family of 5 and a dog, once lock-down is over it will be mainly used to ferry kids around and shopping trips etc.

·
Registered
EGolf
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What with the temperature this afternoon being a mild 17Deg C I managed 6.2kw/m at one point in a 17m round trip, average was 5.8kw/m in the end. Once the gom registered 31 miles remaining I noticed the e-max blue segments disappeared (not that I’ve ever got the needle that far round the power meter). I’m going to run the battery down as far as I dare to get a feel of the range.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.