Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I picked up my 2020 eGolf Executive Edition last week and I'm loving it!! :love:
Moved over from a diesel golf to this pocket rocket.
Anyway, I was hoping someone could answer a few questions on it as my dealer knows next to nothing!
1. How long should it take heat to come out of the vents? Mine takes about 5 mins to get tepid air and then another 5 to reach the temp' I've set it too.
2. I have the 8" nav discover infotainment unit. It only shows the road signs on the infotainment unit and not on the active info display. Anyone else heard of this?
3. Is it possible to retro fit lane assist? I have front and rear sensors and the camera behind the rear view mirror. Or is there any point?

Thanks All!
Sch3cter?

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Welcome to SpeakEV! You're in for a treat -- I enjoyed owning an eGolf for nearly four years. It was such a sweet drive that for me moving to a Tesla was less of a transformational experience than others report..

1. I don't remember this being an issue, but if you are talking about starting in the morning don't forget you can heat up the car in advance using the app.
2. I don't remember road signs on either, but this may have been added as a function in the later versions
3. Pretty sure you can't.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The heating does take quite a while to get going, which is strange as it is basically a hair dryer, sans heat pump.

But as @Tim Ostler says, you can set a departure time and it will be warm and ready to go on a chilly morning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you!! I was worried there for a bit. Dealer even wanted to take it back “ for the week, to figure it out”. Hard to figure out a fault if it’s working as designed!

·
Registered
825 Posts
1. Heating isn't immediate, but I don't find it takes as long as five min.

2. That's normal.

3. Almost certain you can't.

Enjoy it, almost two years later I still love my eGolf.

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
740 Posts
Welcome to the egolf krew!

Who knew they even did an executive edition!? What does it have extra! Looks like the 2020 is actually less efficient? Madness

There is an egolf specific forum in speakev you might get quicker answers from owners in...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the egolf krew!

Who knew they even did an executive edition!? What does it have extra! Looks like the 2020 is actually less efficient? Madness

There is an egolf specific forum in speakev you might get quicker answers from owners in...
Thanks! I wasn't aware there was specific eGolf forum. That's awesome. I haven't seen the exec edition outside of Ireland. Basically it gets 17" Madrid alloys, Heated seats with Vienna leather, Rear "smoked" LEDs with running indicators, Active Info Display, front and rear sensors with rear camera and keyless access all as standard.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Thanks! I wasn't aware there was specific eGolf forum. That's awesome. I haven't seen the exec edition outside of Ireland. Basically it gets 17" Madrid alloys, Heated seats with Vienna leather, Rear "smoked" LEDs with running indicators, Active Info Display, front and rear sensors with rear camera and keyless access all as standard.
Nice :)

Mine has standard alloys, unheated fabric seats, clear lights, dials, no camera and I have to use a key in a lock to switch it on !

Letters expressing pity accompanied by a modest cheque can be sent to PO Box 14, Cheltenham, GL50 3AL.

Still a very good car ;)

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
740 Posts
Letters expressing pity accompanied by a modest cheque can be sent to PO Box 14, Cheltenham, GL50 3AL.

Still a very good car ;)
Nice to see a fellow cheltonian!

we need to start a local egolf owners club!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts