Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a service booked for tomorrow and having doubt's I'll be getting my moneys worth. No electric loaner to accommodate a full days service either

Its a 2014 egolf

It was serviced a year ago with no issues, drives fine, passed NCT two months ago and don't think my battery falls under 70% to qualify for warranty.

What are your thoughts? For that kind of money I would expect a detailed battery diagnosis at least but the service history I have has nothing of the sort. Is it worth getting it serviced or should I wait till next year when it's just before its battery warranty is up? Or not bother at all?

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,776 Posts
Not €200 no. I paid less than that for the 2-year service. They just check brakes really. On my lease the service interval was 2 years.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've recently been charged £250 by a VW main agent in Oxfordshire for the first service (3 years / 20,000 miles - I skipped 2 year due to lockdown and very low usage) on my 2018 e-Golf. Ok it included an MOT and a change of brake fluid (a dubious overpriced recommendation), but that's still more than £150 for counting the wheels and a mediocre wash. And they didn't even change the windscreen wiper blades which I thought actually needed doing or offer me a loaner. They did send me a 1 minute video showing the car up on a lift with the guy walking around underneath measuring the tire tread depth and looking at the suspension. That's all. No mention of inspecting the high voltage components as mentioned on the VW website.
I also note that VW are very quiet about exactly what should be done at an EV service other than the HV parts.
On every other car I've owned there is a clear list of things that have to be checked, inspected, adjusted and changed.
Well, it's out of guarantee now (apart from the battery) so that's the last they will see of me if I can find a local independent garage!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts