Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone seen this? The post is in French but it details a "stage 1" performance mod for the eGolf. I unfortunately couldn't find anything about it on their website, just this fb post

Post content translated:
A world exclusive for VW E-GOLF 2015 to 2020. This tuning, resulting from several weeks of research, not only improves acceleration but also autonomy. Eliminating the pedal response delay will allow you to enjoy a sportier ride without compromising the reliability and proper functioning of the engine and battery protection.

For the version of 85kW (2015-2016):

The 0-100km / h goes from 10.4 sec to 9.5 sec.

For the gain of autonomy, here is concretely what is calibrated:
• Energy recovery by braking is deactivated from 8 km / h and less. (Originally 13km / h and less)
• Brake recovery gradually reaches full regenerative power if the load is less than 85%. (Originally it is from 75% load)
• The time between acceleration and deceleration is reduced by a few thousandths of a second to activate recovery more quickly.
• The recovery limiter is mounted at 350NM instead of 300NM.
• Power in eco mode is reduced from 70kW to 60kW.
• The power in eco + mode is reduced from 40kW to 30kW.
• The operating range of the battery is extended between 3.5% and 93% instead of 6% and 90% for an additional 4.5%.
• The temperature for the battery reserve is increased by + 5 ° C: The unreserved operation is now between -25 ° C to 55 ° C instead of -20 ° C to 50 ° C.

For an acceleration gain:
• The peak power of the electric motor is maximized at 90kW and stable at 88kW.
• The power limiters are deactivated with the throttle at 100%.
• The speed limiters are increased according to the modes:
- Normal: 156 km / h @ 12000rpm
- Eco: 130km / h
- Eco +: 120km / h
• Full power is accessible up to 15% battery instead of 30%, up to a battery temperature of 55 ° C instead of 50 ° C while maintaining the manufacturer's maximum threshold, ie 60 ° vs.
• Activation of take-off with brake (launch control) is now possible while simultaneously maintaining brake and accelerator at 100%. The motor will be ready for takeoff with 2Kw upstream, giving you an advantage of a few thousandths of a second when you release the brake.
• The acceptable wheel slip difference with the anti-slip option disabled is now 30km / h instead of 0km / h.

Compatible software versions: 0EA907309A, 0EA906016A, 0EA906016B, 0EA906016C

For the 100kW version (2017-2020):

The 0-100km / h goes from 9.5 sec to 8.2 sec.

For the gain of autonomy, here is concretely what is calibrated:
• Energy recovery by braking is deactivated from 8 km / h and less. (Originally 13km / h and less)
• Brake recovery gradually reaches full regenerative power if the load is less than 85%. (Originally it is from 75% load)
• The time between acceleration and deceleration is reduced by a few thousandths of a second to activate recovery more quickly.
• The recovery limiter is mounted at 350NM instead of 300NM.
• Power in eco mode is reduced from 70kW to 60kW.
• The power in eco + mode is reduced from 40kW to 30kW.
• The operating range of the battery is extended between 3.5% and 98% instead of 6% and 96% for an additional 4.5%.
• The temperature for the battery reserve is increased by + 5 ° C: The unreserved operation is now between -25 ° C to 55 ° C instead of -20 ° C to 50 ° C.

For an acceleration gain:
• The peak power of the electric motor is maximized at 108kW and stable at 105kW.
• The power limiters are deactivated with the throttle at 100%.
• The speed limiters are increased according to the modes:
- Normal: 156 km / h @ 12000rpm
- Eco: 130km / h
- Eco +: 120km / h
• Full power is accessible up to 15% battery instead of 30%, up to a battery temperature of 55 ° C instead of 50 ° C while maintaining the manufacturer's maximum threshold, ie 60 ° vs.
• Activation of takeoff with brake (launch control) is now possible while simultaneously maintaining brake and accelerator at 100%. The motor will be ready for takeoff with 2Kw upstream, giving you an advantage of a few thousandths of a second when you release the brake.
• The acceptable wheel slip difference with the anti-slip option disabled is now 30km / h instead of 0km / h.
Compatible software versions: 0EA907309A, 0EA906016E, 0EA906016F, 0EA906016AA

One price, $ 550 + tx

How to install the programming in your e-golf computer? It's simple:

• Mail the computer ($ 25 for return shipping)
• Remote with installation cable ($ 100 for deposit, $ 25 for shipping)
• With your e-golf at one of our resellers

Are you cautious about your warranty? There are two solutions:
• Return to origin: If you need to return your vehicle to its original condition, it is possible. There is a charge for the return to the origin of $ 50.
• We offer you a 'plug and play' computer, this way you will keep the original in original condition. Get a price by private messaging.

* Fees are subject to change without notice. *
Anyone done any performance tuning like this? I know this exists too but its more focused on eco driving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks interesting - guessing it'll blow your warranty out the water. Wonder what is possible with a OBDEleven? Esp unlocking the extra range.

I do like the idea of launch control though! It is fun to switch on the speed limiter and just boot it at a set of lights - people just see the Golf and don't realise it's an EV ;)

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
8,499 Posts
resulting from several weeks of research
Oh that's thorough enough then. :devilish:

It looks like they have just played around at the margins and reduced them slightly. There's less risk with this approach on an EV than an ICE, but the question remains as to whether VW could detect that these changes have been made?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guessing as you flash the ECU then VW could see this on their systems when it's in the garage. They'd certainly take a dim view on a warranty claim..
I'd say is costs a pretty penny but post says you can buy a tuned ECU from them to be able to hot swap between stock ECU and tuned ECU, doubt any dealer would be able to detect a brain transplant or even suspect anything like that.

Warranty nearly isn't of concern for me at this point, I have a 2014 24.2kW model. Battery warranty is up next October or something. I'll probably wait till after in the off chance I am able to take up their 70% battery guarantee. Although I checked last month and think I got 20.2kW capacity of the HV battery (83.4% of 24.2kw?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts