Registered
10 Posts
Based on the Glasgow Council vehicle list:

The filename is GCC Motor Vehicles List.xls

and the mileage, the registration number of this Peugeot Boxer is SF60KUU

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi everybody, I am sure it wont have gone for much, but if its running and complete I would be happy to pay £2000 for it, and if whoever bought it decides it is not for them, let me know. Apart from interested in a buying a complete vehicle or parts, has anybody got a full workshop manual or any wiring diagrams on the electrical side at all, please get in touch. The list of vehicles on the Glasgow Council, is this current? or x years old, ie more should be available shortly. yours Dave

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the question is, did Grumpy-b want to buy it or was he warning us that it was a dud..... !

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Glasgow City list was provided by them in response to a Freedom of Information ( FOI ) request from someone who wanted to know about all the vehicles that the Council owned:

"Dear Glasgow City Council,
The Local Authority is requested to provide a list of motor vehicles owned or leased to the council. Please include; Registration Mark, Fleet number (if used), Chassis Make and Model, Body Type.
Yours faithfully,
Peter Jarman"

That was in May 2012. That list included the Allied Electric vehicles that the Council owned at that time. I assume that they currently do not own any, but various optimistic dealers and private owners may still offer them up for resale.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the update re vehicle file, I did assume that the info was old, rather than current.
Although I am sure Gary's comment was tongue in cheek, I think if Grumpy says its no good, its no good, from what I have already read from previous posts of his, he is a very capable and informative guy, who bases his information on hard earned practical experience working on these vehicles, and this help and assistance, is freely passed on which in some cases, is actually detrimental to his own business. The fact that I still want another is I am not an idiot, but I am ignorant, and you don't learn anything without getting stuck in, if I have 2 off I have some redundancy, and I am prepared to mess and learn, and hopefully remove most of the bad and keep the good, and run at the bare minimum of what is required, and hopefully be able to keep it on the road. The only alternative is a DLV or similar, a snip at over £47000 so yes I am happy to mess. So once again anybody have a full vehicle or spares. yours Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts