Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the new longer range batteries on the Horizon, will it be possible to convert Motorhomes or Campervans to Electric at a reasonable price?

I know someone did the Nissan ENv200 Conversion but at 100 miles range this seems a little low.

With the new leaf announced in September will there also be a 200 plus miles range e-NV200 announced?

·
Zoe Devotee
7,965 Posts
Not at a reasonable price. How to make a £10k van exponentially more expensive. Fit a fridge and bed BANG instantly worth £35k

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I expect that weight would be a big issue as moterhomes are already close to the limit on a normal driving licence.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a good point about the cost and weight. There was a Nissan env200 done by hillside conversions but it only had 100 miles range. I wonder if they will announce a 200 mile range van in September when the new leaf is announced.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
The e-NV200 can take 750kg, it's not going to be a motorhome, but a camper conversion should be OK, just like Kevin did on here and those hillside conversions.

It's a tiny space, good for weekends away but if you're a couple with a kid or two it's not going to be comfortable without a tent as well.

There are rumours of a new e-NV200 but I can't see them coming before the new Leaf gets rolled out.

As for larger motorhomes, it's going to be a longer time as they're mostly based on the empty chassis type of vehicle rather than van conversions.
The larger vans that are used for van conversions have a long way to go before they are useable, even the latest announcements have low ranges and no rapid charging.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I expect that weight would be a big issue as moterhomes are already close to the limit on a normal driving licence.
The e-NV200 is a very small van conversion, no problem driving it on a standard driving licence as it comes in well below 3500kg.

·
White E-van Man
198 Posts
I think the new NV200 battery is still 9 months away yet and even then I think it's only the 30kw like the leaf. Be nice to have a 40kw and get 200 miles out it :cool:

·
Ioniq Premium SE BEV on order (Phantom black)
114 Posts
I'm sure it would be usable if you were prepared to camp overnight on your journey somewhere (to charge for almost free on a camp-site) I guess it deoends on how far away you want to go from home.

·
White E-van Man
198 Posts
Has anyone got the 7 seater ? Looked interesting for the future if there's a bigger battery as I use a 7 seat Kia just now but she's a heavy old girl...

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Has anyone got the 7 seater ? Looked interesting for the future if there's a bigger battery as I use a 7 seat Kia just now but she's a heavy old girl...
The e-NV200 Combi 5 and 7 seater is just a converted e-NV200 van. No special changes apart from the windows, seats and some trim panels. The same range on the same battery. I was going to buy one. It was advertised as a rapid but was actually the base model without the rapid charge port, which wasn't any use for me.

·
otleyshev ( kev)
1,455 Posts
Do
Not at a reasonable price. How to make a £10k van exponentially more expensive. Fit a fridge and bed BANG instantly worth £35k
Don't know where you got that price from but mine is worth way More than £35k more like £45k .....

·
otleyshev ( kev)
1,455 Posts
Ye
A lady in norway!/ Iceland god I carnt remember but I helped her do the convention . but pritty much basic.

·
otleyshev ( kev)
1,455 Posts
The e-NV200 Combi 5 and 7 seater is just a converted e-NV200 van. No special changes apart from the windows, seats and some trim panels. The same range on the same battery. I was going to buy one. It was advertised as a rapid but was actually the base model without the rapid charge port, which wasn't any use for me.
As far as I am a were the 5 seater & 7 seater is the same as leaf pack but the panel van jas battery cooling !!!!!?? Reason cos they expected it to get lots of abuse.. From cureres...

·
otleyshev ( kev)
1,455 Posts
Its a good point about the cost and weight. There was a Nissan env200 done by hillside conversions but it only had 100 miles range. I wonder if they will announce a 200 mile range van in September when the new leaf is announced.
The hillside e-nv200 camper will not do 100 miles on one charge !!!! Not....
It will do if I was driving carefully 80 miles max ... Not under selling the e-nv200 van resan they are great just been carfull driver & honest this is the best...... As a camper with out changing to extra capacity..

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Ta dude, I'm definitely going to consider it next year once I'm EV setup. (y)
The good thing about the e-NV200 Combi is that it's classed as a car, and so no "commercial van" speed restrictions on single carriageways or dual carriageways like the panel van version. Yay!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers for the comments, so it seems 9 months there may be a 40kwh van. That would be good. Plan would be to convert to a campervan and let it out when im not using it.

·
White E-van Man
198 Posts
Emm... I think the 30s first dude. A 40 would be logical and braw for breaking the 200 mile range but it seems to be a sloooooow progress.

·
White E-van Man
198 Posts
I need ideally 170 miles to reach the in-laws.. possibly with 1 stop (an hour ish) and a huge roof box for a family of four kids. If they managed this in the next NV200 7 seater I'd be over it like a tramp on chips...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts