Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please sit down and breath steadily when you watch this video. He is just about as wrong as it's possible over every aspect of his exposé. It's astonishing. Every single myth and legend trotted out one by one. You may wish to place a comment on his YT when your blood pressure is back to normal.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yes he's a loon. Struck off doctor I think. Also potificates about coronavirus.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I can go one better, humans are bad for the planet, will be uploading my video next week. :)

Oh, and don't watch or comment on the video, that adds to the YouTube algorithm and ends up making it more visible and more popular. Just putting a link here, and the Google bots finding it make it more popular.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I can go one better, humans are bad for the planet, will be uploading my video next week. :)

Oh, and don't watch or comment on the video, that adds to the YouTube algorithm and ends up making it more visible and more popular. Just putting a link here, and the Google bots finding it make it more popular.
that’s not enough to ignore it. Know your enemy

·
Leaf lover
4,583 Posts
Please sit down and breath steadily when you watch this video. He is just about as wrong as it's possible over every aspect of his exposé. It's astonishing. Every single myth and legend trotted out one by one. You may wish to place a comment on his YT when your blood pressure is back to normal.

Made me smile looking at his wikipedia page, I won't bother watching the video and whatever made you think it would entertain us?

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
In next weeks episode.....”Why the Earth is flat”
Nah, it's been proved not to be the case, because if it was, cats would have pushed everything over the edge.

(Anyone who has a cat will know what I mean!)

P.S. Just been watching the video - it's hilarious. I paused it to type this, and just below it among the recommended items that popped up was a still from Would I Lie to You? :)

"Hospitals will have to close because there won't be enough electricity with everyone plugging in their cars every night."

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
925 Posts
Nah, it's been proved not to be the case, because if it was, cats would have pushed everything over the edge.

(Anyone who has a cat will know what I mean!)

P.S. Just been watching the video - it's hilarious. I paused it to type this, and just below it among the recommended items that popped up was a still from Would I Lie to You? :)

"Hospitals will have to close because there won't be enough electricity with everyone plugging in their cars every night."
I have 3 of the little buggers!

·
Leaf lover
4,583 Posts
You'll never know now. :)

But as a clue - it's hard to tell if he is serious or it's a parody.
I just have a certain admiration for people who are seriously bonkers perhaps because they might not be but have simply found a fun way of making a lot more money than me.

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
467 Posts
There is no doubt that manufacturing anything takes resources. No other animal consumes such resources, that's indisputable. Concrete is a huge contributor to c02 emissions, yet without concrete we could not build even houses.

Humans consume the best resources, whereas other animals always go for the weakest when hunting. Even a fox goes for the easiest & weakest prey - less calories expended for the greatest calorie input. The same is true for lions or any other carnivore. Only the human species (and I am thinking hunters here) pride themselves on killing the best most powerful lions, elephants, rhinos etc. A human who killed a weak animal would be admonished and embarrassed. In terms of genetics this means that humans continually deplete the strength of other species, whereas other animals increase the strength of the genetic pool.

His personal taste in being a transvestite is up to him. If everything is consensual then he has a right to dress as he wishes.

As a fellow vegan I think we would be far better off not consuming animals. It pains me every time I get in the car, as I have posted, that my kona has a (possibly not, but probably yes) leather interior. When you have seen the pain animals go through that I have seen, I fail to see how anyone with an ounce of compassion could not be moved.

Right now, despite protests, petitions and who knows what, the Yulin dog festival is taking place. I can point you to video showing dogs being roasted alive by pointing a flaming gun at them with absolutely no concept of kindness that I recognise.

I also understand the power of plants, having my own journey from 40 years of arthritis including being in a wheelchair. So his promotion of eating your greens makes a lot of sense to me.

As for cars my kona is incredibly high tech and like any other car requires many resources. Comparing EVs to ICE cars is where one debate stands. On that he is clearly wrong.

For me it is all about resilience. I have my own allotment plot and grow my own food as best as I can. Covid19 has exposed how interconnected this world is. My love for marmite cannot be satiated since it depends on the brewing industry, for example.

In car and home terms that means V2H and V2G, both of which will come on stream in the next decade. These will provide resilience for both homes and the grid. By not consuming fossil fuels... Well we all know that argument which is why we are here.

·
Registered
81 Posts
There is no doubt that manufacturing anything takes resources. No other animal consumes such resources, that's indisputable. Concrete is a huge contributor to c02 emissions, yet without concrete we could not build even houses.

Humans consume the best resources, whereas other animals always go for the weakest when hunting. Even a fox goes for the easiest & weakest prey - less calories expended for the greatest calorie input. The same is true for lions or any other carnivore. Only the human species (and I am thinking hunters here) pride themselves on killing the best most powerful lions, elephants, rhinos etc. A human who killed a weak animal would be admonished and embarrassed. In terms of genetics this means that humans continually deplete the strength of other species, whereas other animals increase the strength of the genetic pool.

His personal taste in being a transvestite is up to him. If everything is consensual then he has a right to dress as he wishes.

As a fellow vegan I think we would be far better off not consuming animals. It pains me every time I get in the car, as I have posted, that my kona has a (possibly not, but probably yes) leather interior. When you have seen the pain animals go through that I have seen, I fail to see how anyone with an ounce of compassion could not be moved.

Right now, despite protests, petitions and who knows what, the Yulin dog festival is taking place. I can point you to video showing dogs being roasted alive by pointing a flaming gun at them with absolutely no concept of kindness that I recognise.

I also understand the power of plants, having my own journey from 40 years of arthritis including being in a wheelchair. So his promotion of eating your greens makes a lot of sense to me.

As for cars my kona is incredibly high tech and like any other car requires many resources. Comparing EVs to ICE cars is where one debate stands. On that he is clearly wrong.

For me it is all about resilience. I have my own allotment plot and grow my own food as best as I can. Covid19 has exposed how interconnected this world is. My love for marmite cannot be satiated since it depends on the brewing industry, for example.

In car and home terms that means V2H and V2G, both of which will come on stream in the next decade. These will provide resilience for both homes and the grid. By not consuming fossil fuels... Well we all know that argument which is why we are here.
Agree with everything you said.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
What I found really disturbing about this clown is that the video has over 3.4K likes. So there is a whole circus of them out there.

Please someone better at it than I, post a refutation of each of the false claims he makes. He seems to think the the only people driving electric vehicles are virtue-signalling tree-hugging Greens.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Nah, it's been proved not to be the case...
In fact, there was an agreed challenge (search for the Bedford Levels) which did prove that the earth was flat. Sadly, having agreed the terms of the challenge, the round-earther refused to accept the results.

Lesson: Sometimes things don't actually go as you'd planned.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,180 Posts
If we start with "cars are bad for the planet" it doesn't really matter what qualifying adjectives you put in front of that, TBH.

Maybe that is or isn't what his point is, I am not sure I care to find out.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts