Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
I'm sure he has good reasons (in his mind) for thinking that.
But I'd really like to know why he feels so strongly about it that he's gone to all that trouble putting signs in his window (thus blocking most of his rear view to boot). :unsure:

There's obviously something he does support, but I can't make it out.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
But I'd really like to know why he feels so strongly about it that he's gone to all that trouble putting signs in his window (thus blocking most of his rear view to boot). :unsure:

Close enough. DSC_0557-001.jpg

·
Registered
300 Posts
Obviously the "health benefits" of sniffing benzene include muddled thinking.
And a confusion on exactly when to re-tax one's vehicle...sorry, couldn't help myself.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Doesn’t support paying road tax either apparently, given it expired last month.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I saw a similar hatchback (might be the same Jazz, I know there definitely isn't any EV versions of the car I saw) with similar rear-view blocking paper on M4 in London a few months back. I had to read it twice to make sure I got it right, it read:
"This is a zero Emission vehicle"

Clearly, the owner has mental issues.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I seem to recall from my caravanning days in the dim and distant past, that it was OK to have the interior mirror obstructed as long as there were wing/door mirrors fitted?

·
Registered
ZOE GT Line R135 Z.E. 50 Rapid Charge, Mar '20
106 Posts
I seem to recall from my caravanning days in the dim and distant past, that it was OK to have the interior mirror obstructed as long as there were wing/door mirrors fitted?
Yep, otherwise you wouldn't be able to have a car-derived van.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Yes. It's not illegal as such.
But it's pretty stupid to block a view for no good reason.
If he reverses into something or someone there might be a case for a 'due care and attention' charge.

·
Registered
786 Posts
If he's thought about it, electric cars have been around since 2012 and the first case of Covid-19 was discovered 7 years later. It's hard to see how any idiot could make a link between the two.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If he's thought about it, electric cars have been around since 2012 and the first case of Covid-19 was discovered 7 years later. It's hard to see how any idiot could make a link between the two.
Post hoc ergo propter hoc - it happend after it so it must have happened because of it.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
We'd had pure electric and hybrid back in 1900, so there's a lot more they could have been responsible for. A couple of world wars ....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts