Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've wanted this too for a long time.

Kona and e-niro are not particularly big - boot capacity is smaller than the new Leaf in fact. I'm considering a highish mileage used model s for the space if no estates come out soon.

Note if you're considering PHEV, Skoda's new Superb will be PHEV, think they're already out but not certain it includes the estate. Superb estate is huge and has great reviews generally.

And due mid 2020 is the full EV Skoda vision IV which may be a coupe or more boxy SUV shape (tbc). Not quite what you're after perhaps but should be quite spacious and also reasonably affordable.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've wanted this too for a long time.

Kona and e-niro are not particularly big - boot capacity is smaller than the new Leaf in fact.
Kona has a small boot absolutely agreed. Eniro boot is much bigger, Bjorn fitted an extra banana box in the niro than he managed with the new leaf (seats up and seats down), plus it seemed to me that there was less wasted space in the leaf, whereas in the niro there was space left over that wasn't the right shape for a banana box.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I think there was some footnote about price too though. Still playing Euromillion though, hoping my idea of affordable gets updated.

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
459 Posts
Thought the Taycan 4S was about £80k? I mean, I can't afford that either, but it's not quite as pricey.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
VW have answered my prayers! ID 5 Space Vizzion!! Only 3 years to wait

·
Registered
972 Posts
2 years from VW is better than Tesla's time between a model being announced and when it's available in the UK, right? M3 was announced in September 2015, unveiled in March 2016 and pre-orders could start from then. The car finally made it to the UK in 2019. Let's just hope the ID5, like the ID3, takes less than 3.5 years from being announced to being available in the UK.

·
Registered
335 Posts
constantly two years from now standard VW related caveats probably apply but maybe just maybe.....

Loved the comments...
The apple skin artificial leather seats particularly popular. I like the one that suggested using orange peel would be taking the pith.
Great to see the nay sayers upping their game - now complaining that 365 mile range is not enough to get to Cornwall - and back - without plugging in!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts