Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have recently purchased a PHEV gx4h and it has no heating.
Air con and fan blowers all work fine.
I had a little look around and all of the fuses and relays are working.
I found what I believe to be the heat pump and there is one feed pipe to it that has what looks like a filter inline.
After I removed this pipe and returned it, the heater started working for about 5 minutes and has now returned to blowing cold air again. (this is with the battery plugged in to my rolec charger, so it's not a low battery issue)

Has anyone else had issues or does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be or what fixes are available?

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is a problem with the filter in one of the coolant hoses becoming blocked with sediment. 7805a744 is the part number of the replacement hose, and coolant will need changing aswell

·
richi.uk
220 Posts
I know of several cars where the filter has got blocked—apparently with block casting sand—but very few cases where cleaning the filter has worked. You probably need to replace the filter.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a problem with the filter in one of the coolant hoses becoming blocked with sediment. 7805a744 is the part number of the replacement hose, and coolant will need changing aswell
do you know how easy this is to do as a DIY job? are there any other posts showing 'how to'?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've just had a look at the part number you suggested and they're for 2018+ cars. mine is a 2014. do you know if it's a different number?
thank you for your help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is for all PHEV models. They came out here in AUS in 2014.5, and this pipe is the replacement for the early ones. Maybe the number is different for other markets. I have replaced a few of these, all with no dramas.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, check the info in the UK Facebook group's #FAQ: Log in to Facebook | Facebook
TBH I hadn't thought of facebook having instead searched several forums for an answer.
24 hours later and after reading Paul Masons write up I'm hoping the heating is fixed. the filter was clogged but not fully blocked. a thorough clean and the heat seem much better than before. I wont really know how successful it's been until the temps drop and it really has to work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts