Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia e-niro 4
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be staying at the hotel at Oxford services and (assuming it's still there) there's an AC post that can't be activated by the app and needs a card instead. They don't seem to be obtainable through the website anymore (even pre Gridserve) so I was wondering if anyone on here had one they could lend / sell so I can charge overnight?

I've read rumours that they accept cards from other networks too, but there's not much up to date information and some of the networks don't seem to give out cards anymore!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
They SHOULD have been updated by now to simply start charging as soon as you plug in. That was the plan for these posts at least, but by now most of them are faulty, and soon to be replaced by Gridserve with units that charge for use I believe.

If you happen to have a Source card, or a CYC card they should be accepted by the Chargepoint too, if it happens to be working but not updated.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 58kWh
156 Posts
I guess the OP is talking about Peartree services which indeed according to ZapMap have only old 50kW CHAdeMO and 43kW AC charger.
But there is plenty of other chargers along A34 nearby. Quick look at ZapMap will reveal the most suitable depends on the OP intensions / directions of travel

·
Registered
Kia e-niro 4
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@80698 Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go

@nabrU not quite; bit further down the M40 (East of Oxford). There's 3 chargers there, one of which is an AC only "stump"

I tried calling to order a card, and the person I spoke to said they're all scheduled for removal (were meant to be gone already) so they're not sending out any more cards

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried using these very AC posts a few weeks back. I have an old Electric Highway RFID card lying about (I think it was free when my wife got her leaf - I've never used it), but the post LCD screen said the card wasnt valid. I tried my Electric Juice card, but that didnt work either. It wouldnt charge my car without a valid RFID, and the other post was dead, so I wound up going to the Osprey unit a few miles away, as the rapids were in use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts