Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A recent article here suggests that the M6 corridor between Birmingham and the Scottish Border will soon be part of the Electric Highway (with deployment possibly starting in May).
According to EV Fleet World, the first charger with a Combo DC plug (Combined Charging System) will be added to Ecotricity’s Electric Highway in May after tests with cars.

“Ecotricity will begin the CCS roll-out installing the first units on the M6 corridor between Birmingham and the Scottish border, but is targeting a six-month roll out to convert its entire Electric Highway network to the new standard. Some will be new locations, while others will add a separate unit alongside the existing AC/DC chargers on the UK’s busiest routes.”
This is big deal to anyone travelling to The Lakes or Scotland. Hopefully this will also mean some redundancy at critical-link stations such as Keele as the new CCS units are to be installed alongside the existing rapids.

This is great for me personally as there is a trip that we often make to the South Lakes that should now be possible (with destination charging). :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Great news, I don't know where I read it first but I never have range anxiety, only charger anxiety as I pull in to see whether or not a unit is working or iced. Some more redundancy could potentially make us a 2 EV family.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts