Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Polestar 2
192 Posts
Ditto. I hope they get a good number of partners. I haven’t worked out whether there’s a discount or premium involved yet?

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
1,573 Posts
Me too. Can’t see it being used much though until more networks are added.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
215 Posts
Just signed up for it. I am hopeful, with them being a high profile energy provider, that they build some momentum with this to get most of the networks on board so that we can use it as a consistent method of being charged, with a reliable method of initiating a charge. Even though there will be some networks that force you to use an app, at least with those that use RFID, it could mean that you can confidently just use one card.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,983 Posts
I guess the USP of Electric Juice is that it just adds the charging to your household electricity bill.

Dammit! I just talked myself into signing up.

·
Registered
E-Niro 4
53 Posts
Interesting these are all coming out at the moment with Zap pay and this. The Charg.ey posts look very expensive for a 5kw charger mind you but I guess useful in a pinch.

·
Registered
2020 Kia e-Niro
107 Posts
Ditto. I hope they get a good number of partners. I haven’t worked out whether there’s a discount or premium involved yet?
The cost is on the Octopus juice website. 36p per kw for engenie and 33p per kw for Char.gy. so no discounts

·
Registered
Peugeot e-2008 GT-LINE
93 Posts
No discount as far as I'm aware but no additional cost either. Think the way they hope to make money is they supply a good portion of the energy to these partners and I've spoken directly with octopus who also supply 70% of energy to others who will be likely to join the club soon

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GT Line R135
219 Posts
Three more networks added today:

Hubsta (assorted local authority chargers)
Alfa Power
Plug n Go (seem to be 22kW mostly local to Ipswich/ Norwich)

Added to the existing networks: Osprey (formerly Engenie), Char.gy and Franklin Energy.

They're definitely starting to fill in on those little local networks that you might end up only using once, which is where being able to use an existing card is a godsend. If only I could remember which networks it works on!

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,242 Posts
I use Osprey (Engenie) a fair bit, so signed up too. Hope they add GeniePoint and Instavolt too. Probably no chance of Polar being added?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have just signed up too! Now I'm also hoping that InstaVolt and GeniePoint. Though I also doubt that Polar (BP Charging) and Shell Recharge (and NewMotion) will join the game.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts