Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
My card arrived today so thought I'd come on the forum to see what people thought, hence the bump. Not that I've had any need recently for any away from home charging but might as well add to my collection of belts, braces and elastic..

Any whispers of potential new networks?

They're definitely starting to fill in on those little local networks that you might end up only using once, which is where being able to use an existing card is a godsend. If only I could remember which networks it works on!
I've put mine in a little brown seed envelope with the networks scribbled on the back, and it's joined the collection in the car cubby hole..

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
646 Posts
I only ever used mine once, because after that my Onto subscription came with a similar card included. But if I wasn't with Onto, I would certainly be using the EJ card for the convenience. Having it billed to your home account is brilliant.

Haven't heard of any new networks - in the past they've come out of the blue in an email from EJ. If I have one complaint, it's that there's not much in the way of info online about EJ - prices, network list, maps, 'My account' etc. It's all a bit piecemeal.

Reactions: SueH

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got my EV last week and now switched to Octopus Go (from standard Octopus). And just registered for this card too. Agree that Ionity price 'ridiculous': getting to almost be cheaper to buy petrol/diesel than use their electricity! But having one card attractive and hope that more networks join.

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
314 Posts
Funnily enough II chased them earlier today as my card hadn't arrived after 16 days, it arrived late this afternoon. No information on how to use it, and it doesn't appear the have chip in it just a piece of plastic, so how do I use it to get some electrons into my car ?

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
646 Posts
Funnily enough II chased them earlier today as my card hadn't arrived after 16 days, it arrived late this afternoon. No information on how to use it, and it doesn't appear the have chip in it just a piece of plastic, so how do I use it to get some electrons into my car ?
Most places you just tap it on the card reader on the charger. Some are a bit more fussy than others with where you place it - don't mistake the contactless credit/ debit card reader, which is often a separate device.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
646 Posts
Most places you just tap it on the card reader on the charger. Some are a bit more fussy than others with where you place it - don't mistake the contactless credit/ debit card reader, which is often a separate device.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
646 Posts
Yes. (The chip you see in, for example, a credit or debit card isn't the RFID bit - its the chip & PIN gubbins. The RFID bit is buried inside the plastic.)

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
314 Posts
I went to download the app and received a message saying my device was not suitable, I have an old LG Stylo2 phone running Android 6.0.1, so am I going to have to spend out on getting a new phone!

·
Super Moderator
11,856 Posts
Am I going to have to spend out on getting a new phone!
Just use the RFID card.

Android 6 is very old and your phone will have unpatched security vulnerabilties. I wouldn't be putting bank details into it. Consider replacing it with an Android One phone. Android one phones get security updates for at least 3 years.

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2 - 2020
340 Posts
Anyone managed to log into their account on the App? I click log in to my account ... then takes me to the Octopus Energy Site, I log in all ok. Then no mater the method I use to get back to the App it doesn't keep me logged in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone managed to log into their account on the App? I click log in to my account ... then takes me to the Octopus Energy Site, I log in all ok. Then no mater the method I use to get back to the App it doesn't keep me logged in.
So glad about that. Thought it was me doing something wrong (again)

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,275 Posts
Account sign-in isn't supported yet.

"What features do you have planned next?
We’re currently working to bring the sign-up and sign-in journeys inside the app, plus tidying up some existing features. Past that we’ve a host of plans and ideas - such as the ability to stop and start any charger within the app - but we’d also love your feedback to help us understand what’s most important to you."

21 - 40 of 60 Posts