Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed that in pure E-mode the GTE is so much more controllable and easy to drive in snow than in hybrid mode? I couldn't get any traction up a hill in hybrid but in E-mode I had no difficulty at all, it's as if the car cannot slow the wheels down enough to get traction at low speeds in hybrid.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
4,365 Posts
On my cross climates, I found the GTE to be great in snow, and as you say particularly in e-mode.

The same wheels and tyres now on my e-Golf, I’ve only had one opportunity so far to drive in proper snow, the car is much more of a handful traction wise unless I’m in Eco or Eco+. It has too much torque really, particularly when setting off on hill starts.

I drove my GTE throughout the ‘ beast from the east’, I only got stuck once in drifting snow a couple of miles from home, I just ran out of ground clearance and ended up beached.

Fortunately a kindly farmer pulled me back a few feet and then went ahead of me with his plow all the way to my village. Nice chap!

I always wanted an AWD GTE with perhaps a genuine 50 mile range, would have been my perfect all round car, and good in the adverse weather too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts