Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Ahhh the old Renault Reliability coming back :(

Is this an EvEzy car or normal Lease? Sounds like you have a bit of a friday afternoon car on your hands

·
Registered
3,950 Posts

·
Zoe Devotee
8,950 Posts

Is this an EvEzy car or normal Lease? Sounds like you have a bit of a friday afternoon car on your hands
Flins plan shuts at 3pm on Fridays. Can't be much work done after 12. At least 1 Gauloises break in the afternoon too I bet.

Are you sure its even got a motor? Looked under the bonnet?

Sad to see this fault, but wasn't failures of early R motors quite a thing for a while. I recall Renault claimed the R would be more reliable than Q, then all the early owners said the same, shortly before a glut of failures that made the Q motor failures look cheap?

·
Zoe Devotee
8,950 Posts

Flins plan shuts at 3pm on Fridays. Can't be much work done after 12. At least 1 Gauloises break in the afternoon too I bet.

Sad to see this fault, but wasn't failures of early R motors quite a thing for a while. I recall Renault claimed the R would be more reliable than Q, then all the early owners said the same, shortly before a glut of failures that made the Q motor failures look cheap?

Reactions: Kingpleb1

·
Registered
320 Posts
Get rid of it whilst you are still in the initial seven days, and then go and see if you can get a bargain on an Ioniq as @Phil Himsworth did recently .....

We only went in to kill some time...
Where does it say it was a bargain?

As far as lease deals are concerned, the prices have gone up lately on Ioniqs - the really cheap deals that you could get up until around March this year seem gone...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Have you checked your 12v battery? If this is low it can cause all sorts of strange and alarming errors to be thrown up.

Some of the current crop of ZE50s could have been hanging around docksides/compounds since mid March, possibly causing the 12v to need topping up or even replacing.

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,877 Posts

You seem to have got into the habit of repeating yourself, we did hear you the first time. True, your posts are interesting and informative, but we don’t need to read them twice 🤣

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you checked your 12v battery? If this is low it can cause all sorts of strange and alarming errors to be thrown up.

Some of the current crop of ZE50s could have been hanging around docksides/compounds since mid March, possibly causing the 12v to need topping up or even replacing.
No idea. Assuming they have an alternator of some kind, having just got back from a 12 mile drive when this happened and having covered 50 miles in total without the issue, I wouldn’t expect the 12v to have less charge in it than when the car first arrived.

Also, it wont charge. Charger shows the car’s plugged in but not charging. Front end of car makes the clicking noises but the light near the port stays orange and there’s the ticking noise behind from under the bonnet whilst it’s plugged in.

It was a distance sale, so they can have it back within the statutory 14 days cooling off.

My wife and 10 month old’s transport. I don’t want them having these issues whilst I’m away. She’s already lost all faith in it anyway.

·
Registered
15,900 Posts
No idea. Assuming they have an alternator of some kind, having just got back from a 12 mile drive when this happened and having covered 50 miles in total without the issue, I wouldn’t expect the 12v to have less charge in it than when the car first arrived.
They have a DC-DC converter, no alternator.

If the 12V is borked because it was left standing too long and went flat, it might randomly fail. The point is it's an easy one to check.

Certainly on the previous Zoes it caused the dash to light up like a Christmas tree with all sorts of scary errors and warnings.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Man - you are having very little luck with your Zoe. I suspect even though we got them from the same dealer at around the same time they were from a different batch. My guess is due to the delays multiple batches got bunched up either at the import center or somewhere else.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Certainly on the previous Zoes it caused the dash to light up like a Christmas tree with all sorts of scary errors and warnings.
You'd have thought that EV manufacturers would have developed a better monitoring system and more appropriate warnings by now. :unsure:

Reactions: i3S

·
Premium Member
11,015 Posts
You'd have thought that EV manufacturers would have developed a better monitoring system and more appropriate warnings by now. :unsure:
Yeah, but Renault aren't really an "EV manufacturer", they are a legacy manufacturer who happens to make an EV based on the old Clio ;) where a dodgy 12V would just stop if from starting.

I feel sorry for OP as nothing worse than a faulty, brand new car. Distance selling or not you can reject a car for a significant fault within 30 days - you do not have to give the dealer an opportunity to fix.

Reactions: i3S

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Off to see if the pushchair fits in the boot of an e-208 in a mo...

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,621 Posts
You have to give them a chance to fix it before you can reject, but maybe due to distance purchases it could be a 14 day return
Not any more. If it's a serious failure in the first 30 days you can go straight to rejection now. After 30 days the supplying dealer has one chance only to fix it. Failure to fix first time means you can reject still.

14 days distance selling is related to changing your mind rights more than faulty goods rights.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts

Wonder why they shut at 3 on a friday... reliability increase on those cars built on a friday afternoon lol

·
Zoe Devotee
8,950 Posts
You seem to have got into the habit of repeating yourself, we did hear you the first time. True, your posts are interesting and informative, but we don’t need to read them twice 🤣
I usually delete the site created duplicates, but nah can't be arsed! If the site is borked far be it from me to try to help. ;)

1 - 20 of 87 Posts