Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Zoe Devotee
9,135 Posts
I feel a bit sorry for RCI in this as they’ve not done anything wrong. But it’s not them who’ll get left with a lemon and they’ll get the order for the replacement.
Be interesting to see if you still feel this way in a couple of months. Are your monthly payments to a lease firm or direct to RCI?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Be interesting to see if you still feel this way in a couple of months. Are your monthly payments to a lease firm or direct to RCI?
To RCI, but bit of a moot point now as the agreement’s been cancelled.

·
Premium Member
11,068 Posts
Found a stonking lease deal on an e-2008 GT and signed up the missus for that instead.

Works out just £34 a month more than the Zoe including £700 worth of special paint, has more room, a far bigger boot and 100kW charging. Arrives next month.
Great to hear you are sorted, I suspect you wouldn't fully trust a replacement Zoe. I assume one of the stock cars I saw some good deals on? Strange they didn't go quicker.

Reactions: Kingpleb1 and i3S

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Great to hear you are sorted, I suspect you wouldn't fully trust a replacement Zoe. I assume one of the stock cars I saw some good deals on? Strange they didn't go quicker.
Bit of a relief to be honest!
We’d have had the Zoe again, but the clincher was that the 2008 deal is literally a few pennies more over 3 years than 2. Spreading the initial payment over that additional year made the Zoe (which we could never have lived with for more than 2 years) look too dear.

These are in some state of build given the lead time.

I saw the ones at AutoElectric and called them but in the end, they were too expensive compared to the deal we got and they wouldn’t budge on price.

The range isn’t fab but it’s enough. Other than that, the space, boot size (comparable to an e-Niro) and standard kit make it a pretty compelling package.....Not at the £40k cash price it would have otherwise been mind! And I’m still not sure about the black, drug-dealer wheels 😳

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Even with 100kw charging i wouldnt be tempted to do it :D

i did it a while back in august from manchester to alicante on my own in a volvo estate and managed it with 2 tanks of fuel, JUST and a 7hr stop camping/sleeping in an aires. no way in an EV currently unless i took 3 days to get there and the same back or did the bilbao ferry...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Having driven a car to Spain that only does 150 or so miles between stops, I’m not sure if I’d do that for pleasure.
En route to Javea, we used to only really stop for petrol and an overnight in Lyon.
The little one who arrived last year means we’ll have to stop more regularly anyway apparently so it might work out quite well.

I’ll still probably wimp out and take the other car instead. We’ll see.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Even with 100kw charging i wouldnt be tempted to do it :D

i did it a while back in august from manchester to alicante on my own in a volvo estate and managed it with 2 tanks of fuel, JUST and a 7hr stop camping/sleeping in an aires. no way in an EV currently unless i took 3 days to get there and the same back or did the bilbao ferry...
True, but the baby means stopping a lot so I think my days of hacking it to Javea in 36 hours are over.

Might as well plan a pleasant overnight in France somewhere and we found an an amazing hotel at the top of the mountains outside Barcelona last year. That’ll do for night 2.

·
Registered
112 Posts
So that’s it. Order cancelled. RCI will arrange inspection/collection and everything we’ve paid comes back to us.

Cancelled the order for the replacement Zoe too.

Found a stonking lease deal on an e-2008 GT and signed up the missus for that instead.

Works out just £34 a month more than the Zoe including £700 worth of special paint, has more room, a far bigger boot and 100kW charging. Arrives next month.

Range is a bit....well, we’ll see. But it’s enough. And the charging and space makes it possible to use on drives to Germany or even to the house in Spain. Whether that turns out to be practical, we’ll see.

To top it off, the long awaited Octopus Agile tariff kicked in today.
The cancelled Zoe hasn’t gone back just yet, so it can make a bit of cash to cover its parking space on the driveway - I’ll be programming the preconditioning to kick in during negative Plunge Pricing periods 🤣
Good luck with that idea😂
The programmed climate control doesn’t work either so no savings on the agile. (envious as I have been waiting for a smart meter since the end of January 😒)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Good luck with that idea😂
The programmed climate control doesn’t work either so no savings on the agile. (envious as I have been waiting for a smart meter since the end of January 😒)
Ironic then, given the other issues this car has, that the timed preconditioning does actually work. The push and fire button the App doesn’t work mind.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
The sad thing is that the car is probably perfect apart from a weakened 12V battery... my money will be on the dealer putting a new one in and then selling it as an ex-demonstrator, which if it's perfectly fine at that point seems reasonable. Someone will get an absolute bargain!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ironic then, given the other issues this car has, that the timed preconditioning does actually work. The push and fire button the App doesn’t work mind.
You must have one of the few Zoe 50s where the programmed climate control works. Quite a few of us can’t get that to work via the console or the app. Might make your car a quick sell when it goes back to the dealer. Hope the new car is hassle free

·
had an R240, got an R90, might get a ZE50
498 Posts
I would expect the OP will remain the first name on the V5 so it couldn't be properly sold as an ex-demonstrator, it needs to be sold as a reject.
If the OP let us know the registration number it could help folk know the real history.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
6,943 Posts
I thought it was leased? Lease company will be on the v5 so I assume they'll just wang it through an auction or sell it to a dealer to sort out and then sell on as a one owner car.

·
had an R240, got an R90, might get a ZE50
498 Posts
The registered keeper's name is on the V5, the V5 does not show ownership.
However, I've never had a lease car only PCP, but the above is my understanding.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Yep. It’s leased so it’s in RCI’s name. Process on the cancellation section of the agreement suggests it’ll be inspected and collected as per a standard end of lease. It’ll mostly get sold to a main dealer in a closed bidding process for a gnat’s chuff under cost.

·
Registered
16,890 Posts
Yep. It’s leased so it’s in RCI’s name. Process on the cancellation section of the agreement suggests it’ll be inspected and collected as per a standard end of lease. It’ll mostly get sold to a main dealer in a closed bidding process for a gnat’s chuff under cost.
I'm sure they won't lose much, but they could have just taken the car no-quibble and sorted the issue for you.

Numpties.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
28,602 Posts
The registered keeper's name is on the V5, the V5 does not show ownership.
However, I've never had a lease car only PCP, but the above is my understanding.
Not on lease cars. Remains the lease company. I don't know of any lease companies that don't do that, these days.

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,338 Posts
Honestly starting to waver a bit on my long term upgrade plans (hoping to upgrade to a second hand ZE50 in say, 3-5 years). I'm getting worried at the number of reported faults on here and RZOC, and I'm never been completely convinced that the argument of "it only looks bad because people only post up when there's a problem" is sufficient for how often the posts seem to pop up. Could do with some sort of analysis on all the EV subforums and how many % are complaining about a fault.

I've had two major faults myself, I know that biases me but I was still willing to accept it because a) good local dealer support (this hasn't changed) and b) I have a mk1, it's cheap as chips (as EVs go), so I don't expect the moon on a stick. And c) It's always had that odd "Zoe Charm" that makes me love her regardless. But the ZE50 is more expensive, appears more luxurious and I honestly thought they might have solved some of the reliability issues by now. It seems all they've done is pretty up the display that (still!) says "Battery charge impossible" or "Electric motor failure" :/

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
28,602 Posts
Honestly starting to waver a bit on my long term upgrade plans (hoping to upgrade to a second hand ZE50 in say, 3-5 years). I'm getting worried at the number of reported faults on here and RZOC, and I'm never been completely convinced that the argument of "it only looks bad because people only post up when there's a problem" is sufficient for how often the posts seem to pop up. Could do with some sort of analysis on all the EV subforums and how many % are complaining about a fault.

I've had two major faults myself, I know that biases me but I was still willing to accept it because a) good local dealer support (this hasn't changed) and b) I have a mk1, it's cheap as chips (as EVs go), so I don't expect the moon on a stick. And c) It's always had that odd "Zoe Charm" that makes me love her regardless. But the ZE50 is more expensive, appears more luxurious and I honestly thought they might have solved some of the reliability issues by now. It seems all they've done is pretty up the display that (still!) says "Battery charge impossible" or "Electric motor failure" :/
I also arrived at a hypothesis that 3rd generation product they'd be getting it more right than others on their 1st.

Also concerned that mine is already due to be swapped.

So, what sorts of things are coming up, then? Lots of random stuff, or routine predictable things?

·
Registered
563 Posts

It’s really no different from the Tesla group being full of “contact Tesla service” fault posts.

All cars have faults

41 - 60 of 87 Posts