Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few weeks, the Battery seems to Run Down in less than 15 miles.
Nothing different from previous weeks except temperature is slightly lower.

Only out of ordinary is, the Biannual inspection/Oil Change is over due and keep getting notification.

Also several times this over the last few weeks, MMI has rebooted itself.

Car is going in in 6 weeks for the Service and 3 Recalls.

·
Registered
41 Posts
In my experience 15 miles is the norm, mine has been as low as 13 miles. I wouldn't think the service being due is anything to do with it. Like you say the weather has got colder and the battery doesn't like it

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand, however over the last 3 years, during this period I have been getting between 16-20 miles. Only time I have dipped below 14-15 is with the Heating on. In middle of winter with Heating on, I normally get about 12-13 miles.

Over the weekend I had a 150 miles trip. Got 56.3mpg, which is what I had expected. Same commute (15 miles) as last Monday, today has 23% battery remaining while last week Engine Kicked in for last mile.

Will see what happens this week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Today I went to my local Dutch Audi dealer for the 93H4 (sealing HV battery) and 80C8 (software update for airconditioning) recals, for my 2017 facelift E-Tron (which I charge almost every day).
I also asked them for a HV battery check, because I experience the same this autumn (last summer I often got ~22-24 miles EV and now only 15~18 miles EV).
Can't remember if I also got those 'low' numbers last autums/winters (I bought the car when it was 1 year old)... My commute trip is 52km (32 miles), driving with ~55mph on higways and some city traffic, so I'm using the full possible EV range every trip and charge it every day).

They did the check and afterwards the dealer showed me all the checkups they did with their ODIS system.
Result:
Capacity when new: 25Ah
Capacity loss: 3Ah
Dealer told me this is normal and 'within range', so my HV batteries are good...
Is this 'normal'?
Does this mean I have 12% direct loss in range?
Or does this 3Ah loss also partially include the 'overhead' which you can't use for the EV range (8.4Kwh but you can charge only 7.2 kwh max)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts