Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
On my Golf Mk8 GTE a circular display shows electric power on the left half and engine revs on the right half. Usally the blue electric power line goes all the way to the top (12 o’clock) but sometimes it doesn’t (around 11 o’clock). I assume there is less power available at the lower position but the reason for this seems to be a mystery. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
Possibly battery state of charge or battery temperature?

On my GTE when the battery is down to the last few miles the available electric power gradually drops from 100% to 75%.

Similarly when I left home yesterday with a cold but fully charged car the available electric power was around 80%, but after a couple of miles was back up to 100%.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Interesting. Not only do you loose range under certain conditions (cold weather etc) but also power. I don’t think I will be rushing to go all electric. A hybrid that claims 60 electric miles but actually does 45 might be perfect for me.
To be fair it only dropped to 75% power, and only for a couple of miles (at 30 mph) from a cold start.

I don't really see it as an issue - I noticed it for the first time at the weekend (in 2 years of ownership), and I only noticed it on the driver's display, not from how it drove.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts