1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Will the Rimac ever actually be released for sale? They have been making it for about 7 years now.

The interesting thing is that the Roadster2 is probably going to be even faster... they will need some new tyre tech to deal with sub 2 second 0-60 times.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure of the Rimac for sale, internet suggests the price is $980,000 which seems very very expensive... so it's not a car for the masses and will never be I guess. Let's see what Roadster 2 will have in store for us...

·
Registered
1 Posts
What all of you didn't notice was that wasn't a Model X is was the Model S....
Rimac Concept One does 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds
Model X P100D in Ludicrous Mode does it in 2.5 seconds

Ones a specialty super car and the Tesla an off the line production car.
While the Concept One has a higher top speed of 190 MPH, I can think of few times I would need or could go that fast
here in Texas. No cargo space, and my six foot 3 inch frame won't fit into a Concept One whereas i easily fit in the Model X.

Removing the Rimac Battery Pack is an all day affair, and it noticeably pushes the center of gravity higher in the Concept One. Teslas Model X batter pack removal takes a mere 1 min 40 secs and the center of gravity is incredibly low.

Cost:
Rimac Concept One $950,000.00
Tesla Model X $150,000.00

FInally, I still can't find the recharge times for the RIMAC, but a full recharge on the Model X takes under 70 mins on the Super Charger.

I would take the Tesla Model X any day of the week

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'd take the Tesla too.
The Rimac Concept has 2 gears I believe so it is quicker after the Tesla would start to feather off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts