Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a dealer advertising that they are "Electric Vehivle Approved". I'd never heard of that before and search came up with:

Anyone come across this and what does it actually mean? Do these dealers have to meet minimum standards of EV sales? Are their incentive structures favourable for EVs? Do they have to have chargers on site? Who monitors whether they are adhering to any specific criteria or not?

Or is it just marketing fluff?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just Googled it and copied this from an article:
EVA dealerships are independently audited by the Energy Saving Trust (EST) in order to ensure they meet the required standards.

These standards cover EV retail and aftersales, including communication with the consumer, staff training and the availability of charge points at its dealership site.

This badge of approval will allow retailers to boost consumers’ confidence in their knowledge and expertise, allowing motorists to make an informed decision on whether to make the switch to electric vehicles or not.

I suppose the only way we'll know if it's a good scheme or not is if EV owners use them and report back on Speakev.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts