Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew any gaps in the market for an electric vehicle idea?

Regards

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Q. Where are EVs most efficient, and most effective (reducing noise and local emissions, able to recharge at night)?

A. Population centres.

Pretty much every vehicle that is primarily used in an urban/suburban area should be an EV.

The next group I'd look at is anything that uses red diesel (reduced duty) as they tend to need torquey engines but don't travel far. End red diesel and promote electrical industrial vehicles.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
4,333 Posts
There’s a gap in the market for a true self charging EV.
Going on the number of people who’ve joined up here to partially announce a solution to just that problem, it surely won’t be a gap for long... 😂

·
Registered
918 Posts
There is a gap in the market for reliable charging across Britain's primary road network. You know - locations like motorway service stations........

But seriously, the OP might be more likely to come up with a novel idea by thinking about things differently. Imagine there were no privately owned vehicles in the country. What would the requirements of a private vehicle be for different users and functions? What would be the best solution to meet these needs? Where EV appears the best solution yet something else is typically in use instead why is that? What would need to change for people to adopt what appears to be the 'best' solution? In what areas would an EV not appear to be the optimal solution? What would need to change to make them the optimal solution?

Imagine everyone drove an EV and there was an adequate national charging network. Try to make the argument to replace them with ICE vehicles and a network of stations dispensing fossil fuels. Maybe consider a halfway house where their are vehicles with ICE engines with a motor and battery as back-up in case you run out of fuel.....

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I can see those robotic-style-body-suits taking off big time. You know, some of these have been used experimentally by nurses to make it easy to lift & turn bed patients weighing 25 stone, that kind of thing. I'd like one of those, tailored to fit me & keep me weatherproof. Combined with Elon's 3D world-recognition-and-modelling based guidance system, I could get dressed into it each morning, and say "take me to the kitchen & fry me up a meal" and it would be able to do all that with zero muscular input from me. Perfect for when I get old & decrepit (not long now!), and it will save millions in care home costs. And I won't need an Ev as I can simply say "run me down into town" which it will do, quite literally, at about 30 mph!

The outer skin will be blackish, with built-in flexible solar panel tech, probably the fabric will itself be solar-cloth, so it'll self charge well in the sunshine. If the fingertips are linear-actuator-extensible, it's be able to reach up higher than I can, so I'll still manage high shelves even though my spine's shortening with age. Actually, it may be able to apply traction when I'm horizontal & massage me & keep me super fit, even at 120 yrs old! :)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Reactions: Neilew
1 - 14 of 14 Posts