Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a copy of an email I sent to the Welsh Assembly yesterday. I will keep you posted on any reply I get.

"I am the proud owner of my first electric vehicle and I live in Wales.

I see that Bristol is setting it self up to be one of the leading EV cities in the UK.

I was wondering if Wales, especially the Capital Cardiff, has any similar plans.
I would prefer to spend my time and money shopping in Wales and
I believe Cardiff could lead the way with an 'EV INITIATIVE'.

Firstly, how about visitors to Wales having toll free journeys if driving an electric vehicle into our country.

Secondly, how about installing Type 2 Chargers at all the park and ride sites. I know for sure that I for one would shop a lot more in Cardiff if this was the case. Type 2 chargers are cheaper and easier to install and, in my case, can charge my car in 3 hours. Perfect for those shopping trips.

More and more electrical vehicles are planned for release over the next decade and I would like to see Wales/Cardiff take advantage of this new age in motoring but at the same time reducing the number of cars in City Centres.

Come on Wales..... Let's lead the way.

Your comments would be welcome"

Sent from my iPad

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Hi @Warblingotter ,
Welcome and good on you for getting involved. I think OLEV/ council are responsible for the local chargers. I think it would be your MP for the rapids on motorways/ A roads. You could send it to your MP and CC the council o_O

Richard

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
How about having some Rapid chargers in that EV charging desert that is mid-Wales. With no Rapid chargers in Wales between the M4 and the A55, mid-Wales is not very welcoming to EV (especially BEV) visitors, especially for a day trip. Thank goodness for the Zero Carbon World / National Trust partnership.

·
Loadshedding
304 Posts
Here is a copy of an email I sent to the Welsh Assembly yesterday. I will keep you posted on any reply I get.

"I am the proud owner of my first electric vehicle and I live in Wales.

I see that Bristol is setting it self up to be one of the leading EV cities in the UK.

I was wondering if Wales, especially the Capital Cardiff, has any similar plans.
I would prefer to spend my time and money shopping in Wales and
I believe Cardiff could lead the way with an 'EV INITIATIVE'.

Firstly, how about visitors to Wales having toll free journeys if driving an electric vehicle into our country.

Secondly, how about installing Type 2 Chargers at all the park and ride sites. I know for sure that I for one would shop a lot more in Cardiff if this was the case. Type 2 chargers are cheaper and easier to install and, in my case, can charge my car in 3 hours. Perfect for those shopping trips.

More and more electrical vehicles are planned for release over the next decade and I would like to see Wales/Cardiff take advantage of this new age in motoring but at the same time reducing the number of cars in City Centres.

Come on Wales..... Let's lead the way.

Your comments would be welcome"

Sent from my iPad
Good on you indeed,
I visit Wales when I can and would go more now as an owner of three EV's. I am hoping that someone will see sense and place a Rapid at Waitrose in Abergavenny.
I hate crossing that bridge and paying for the privilege.
I drive West from London then route via Gloucester and avoid the M4.
The Brecon route or Heads of the Valley I find more pleasant.

Are we all members of the EVDA?
Presumably we could lobby through them.
The UK is a small country but I cant believe how many different approaches and attitudes to EVs there are.
Here in Surrey, I think I own 30% of the charge points!
(that's 2 out of 6) and I believe that the population density rates with Holland as being one of the highest on the planet.

PS
I wrote to the Welsh Government and have had no response, but Monmouthshire have replied.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts