Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
Get the asking price right and the other stumbling blocks disappear.
Have to agree Richard, the recent price drop being exactly why I now drive an Ampera.

Derek

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think mitsubishi have got it right with the outlander PHEV.

Can't wait to see what they do with the shogun and L200

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
new tech always has this problem, just look at the early mobile phones, same thing applies here, I think its cost not range that most people seem to have a problem with as has been proven with the popularity of the Electric Avenue trials and also the recent price drop on the Ampera making it a super car for the money.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I agree new tech is alway expensive. Microsoft and Sony always sell thier consoles at a loss to begin with and hope to make money on games and extras.

Car manufactures can have low margins on the car and then make money on paint, sat navs and servicing packs etc.

But you need someone to drive the price down with mitsubishi releasing the outlander at the same price as the Prius and ampera I know which one I would choose and so did vauxhall why do you think they dropped the price by £5k last week.

People need to by EVs to reduce manufacting costs and to give manufactures a reason to put reasearch into new EVs because manufactures will only sell at a loss for so long till they pull the plug.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts