Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I booked my car in to have my wheels rotated and I picked it up earlier on today and they informed me they’d had a bulletin in about the above concern and completed the work as well. Free of charge, obviously but just thought I’d let you know that there is a piece of work that you can enquire about, should you be worried. Here’s what the concern was:

Rework Electrical Harness Due To Water Ingress

And here’s what was completed:

Carried out frunk wiring harness rework to prevent possible water ingress into power steering control module.
Correction: Inspect Connector, Replace Connector, And Seal CAN Splice.

My car is a 2019 purchased in September.

They never said if it was unique to the year, or model (I have the performance) or anything like that.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Great customer service, dealing with an issue in advance. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I've seen lots of people having some version of this issue, including myself. Also a September 2019 car.

Long story short, multiple warnings on the screen, my car was almost undriveable, water ingress, connector/wiring beyond repair, new steering rack installed.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I think they're doing it routinely as cars go in for service.. mine hasn't failed yet so I've been lucky but might ask for it to be done before next winter.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mine's an August delivery, I think they may be doing it as I lost connection to the car from the app on Friday afternoon. 12 volt battery disconnected?

·
Registered
734 Posts
My warranty recall was done as mentioned above when it was last in the SC. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Picked the car up today and asked what was done to it and was told to look in the app. There is no invoice or mention of the service visit in the app or in the Tesla Account online. The work carried out was no cost warranty, but I would still expect an invoice.

Software was updated to 16.2.1, I was hoping for 20.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine is still in Bristol SC to fix GPS disconnected/SOS eCall-system needs service error messages. Car was parked permanently in the field next to the house according to the location details. It seems they needed to replace a complete wiring loom for RHD cars. But then there was another delay waiting for parts. I wonder whether that is for the frunk harness issue. I might hear tomorrow. November 2019 car, LRAWD

·
Registered
672 Posts
I believe it's just a small loom section connected to the power steering, rather than anything too bad.
I had mine done after it killed the car, unfortunately they were too busy and had my car for over 4 weeks waiting to fit it in. I've also since had a ranger out for a small issue and mentioned it had already had the loom done, which got a "ahh good I don't need to check it's been done them" so it seems that while it was a SC only job, the rangers are now doing it too.
I don't think it effects cars built after 2019, but I'm still pissed at them that they didn't issue a recall before the firmware was parched because the loss of ABS, traction control and powersteering suddenly in the wet is not fun/safe.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I've seen lots of people having some version of this issue, including myself. Also a September 2019 car.

Long story short, multiple warnings on the screen, my car was almost undriveable, water ingress, connector/wiring beyond repair, new steering rack installed.
This is exactly what we had.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mine is still in Bristol SC to fix GPS disconnected/SOS eCall-system needs service error messages. Car was parked permanently in the field next to the house according to the location details. It seems they needed to replace a complete wiring loom for RHD cars. But then there was another delay waiting for parts. I wonder whether that is for the frunk harness issue. I might hear tomorrow. November 2019 car, LRAWD

·
Registered
191 Posts
As I thought, they have pre-empted water ingress problems. This from the invoice: 'Inspect Connector, Replace Connector, and seal CAN Splice.'

It didn't go in for that, and showed no signs of problems with it.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,107 Posts
I had a Model 3 Performance for a month from evezy. After a couple of days I noticed one of the headlights wasn’t working. I took it to Park Royal SC. They had it for three weeks, waiting for parts from the US. I was told they had to replace an electrical loom at the front of the car. It had corroded. It was a 69 plate. I had a very nice Model S loaner which had FSD. Did the North Coast 500 in it. So had a M3P for fours weeks and did 2500 miles, and the MS for three weeks and did 1500 miles!

Reactions: Tinker180z
1 - 15 of 15 Posts