Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3 Life 58kWh
558 Posts
Does it sound like a popping sound? If it does I thought it was coming from the speakers.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,813 Posts
I’ve heard that when I rebooted the infotainment system in the pre 2.1 days, it’s like a brief pop/crackle and appears to be under the dash top as there’s a speaker there.

I don’t hear it in normal use though, if yours is cycling on and off frequently then it needs checking out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve heard that when I rebooted the infotainment system in the pre 2.1 days, it’s like a brief pop/crackle and appears to be under the dash top as there’s a speaker there.

I don’t hear it in normal use though, if yours is cycling on and off frequently then it needs checking out.
Everything else runs okay, it must be static through a speaker. Sounds like breaking glass.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
After the firmware on mine was updated the first time I started to get intermittent random double clicks from one of the speakers (it sounded like it was coming from the nearside A pillar speaker) The clicks sounded like DC was being put onto the speaker then removed, driving the cone to one extreme then the other. It went away when the firmware was subsequently updated to V2.0.

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tech
66 Posts
I also get a sharp snap/crack from the front dash area - it usually happens when I'm slowing/steering for a junction/roundabout. It's quite loud and does sound like the crack from an electrical discharge, but I think it must be mechanical in nature, I don't think it's from the speakers. The car is in the workshop next week so I'll be asking them to look at it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also get a sharp snap/crack from the front dash area - it usually happens when I'm slowing/steering for a junction/roundabout. It's quite loud and does sound like the crack from an electrical discharge, but I think it must be mechanical in nature, I don't think it's from the speakers. The car is in the workshop next week so I'll be asking them to look at it.
It does sound electrical, let us know how you get on thanks .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts