Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else gets this before I add it to the ever increasing list of things to get the dealer to look at.
I get an electrical / hot motor type smell, or something like that coming through the air vents on my van. It's stronger in the morning after it's been on charge. It's been happening since I bought the van.
After 5 to 10 minutes it seems to go away, but if I park somewhere it comes back again.

I was thinking it might just be the fan motor bedding in as the van has only done 7000 miles, but it seems to be getting stronger.
Could it be related to the noisy air conditioning pump?
I've not mentioned it to the dealership yet.

·
Chartered Engineer
1,853 Posts
I'd add it to the list. It's unlikely to be anything bedding in and more likely to be an indication of something starting to fail IMHO.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd add it to the list. It's unlikely to be anything bedding in and more likely to be an indication of something starting to fail IMHO.
Yeah, that's what I thought. The fan goes faster and slower on its own, even when in manual mode, so maybe it's the fan motor getting ready to fail.

I've started noticing a noise when applying the brakes, it sounds like a motor activating for a few seconds, you can hear it outside the car too, is this normal?

·
Registered
986 Posts
I've started noticing a noise when applying the brakes, it sounds like a motor activating for a few seconds, you can hear it outside the car too, is this normal?
Mine has always had a similar motor sound occur, just as the car comes to a complete halt when using the brakes. No idea what it is though.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine has always had a similar motor sound occur, just as the car comes to a complete halt when using the brakes. No idea what it is though.
Ahh, ok. I figured it's something to do with the electric/hydraulic brakes and if yours does it too I'm not so worried about that. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts