Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Currently: Zoe Q90. Ordered: Mokka-e Elite Nav Premium
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put my order in for a Dynamique Nav Q90 and excited to see it in 7-9 months.

Was looking through the PDF brochure from the site and saw that options and spec breakdown lists the Nav and the Signature as having electrically folding mirrors. I haven't seen anything else on this and the brochure seems to list it further up as a Signature spec perk.

Is the brochure wrong or does the Nav also have the electrically folding mirrors. Also is this the mirrors folding when you lock the car or the option to fold the mirrors in with a switch inside the car?

I did have a quick search around but it doesn't seem to have been properly answered before.

White Text Line Parallel Font

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Nav and Sig. both have E folding mirrors, not auto on either, you rotate the adjustment lever to fold them.

Reactions: Pixelmatt

·
Registered
2,471 Posts

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Ha - I was just thinking “wow they’ve really sorted out Facebook these days it used to be just one long stream of drivel that you had to scroll through nice hours to find any sort of useable
Info” then the penny dropped ;)

Lazy people who only want to see the world through a Facebook window clouded with conmen, fake news, peoples food and cat photos

Ha

JJ

·
Registered
597 Posts
Not only that, but FB only shows you things that it thinks you'll like or agree with. It's creating huge bubbles of people who only see the things they want to see and basically stops meaningful discussion. So there're separate Brexit and Remain bubbles, and you'll either see posts from one or the other. Funnily enough, the only place I do see discussion is on the various car pages I frequent...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Could someone explain why are electrically folding mirrors convenient? I'm not being sarcastic or anything, it's just curiosity as to why would they add to the convenience, it just never crossed my mind that it would help me in any way. Also, why automatic would be preferred?

·
Registered
Currently: Zoe Q90. Ordered: Mokka-e Elite Nav Premium
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could someone explain why are electrically folding mirrors convenient? I'm not being sarcastic or anything, it's just curiosity as to why would they add to the convenience, it just never crossed my mind that it would help me in any way. Also, why automatic would be preferred?
We have automatic electric folding mirrors on our ICE. They're nice because they tuck out of the way when you're in tight spaces so it makes it easier to get past. It's also useful as a sort of confirmation when you walk away as you can look back and see the foldered mirrors and know that it's locked. Probably a little less relevant on the Zoe with keyless entry/locking. By no means a deal breaker on a car but certainly nice to have.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
When you park your car they are less likely to get smashed by passing cars or bent back by people squeezing between cars in supermarkets.

If you’ve never felt the need to manually fold your mirrors in when parking the car then you won’t need them :)

JJ

·
Registered
Zoe ZE40 R90
598 Posts
Not sure what the replacement price of a Zoe's mirror would be, but on my Jazz, they are getting near the £400 each mark - I fold them when I park, and also when traversing some of the narrow country roads near here.

I had one smashed by a woman driving a 4x4 on a narrow road by the local golf course, she had a white knuckle grip on the wheel, didn't slow up, and just clapped mirrors with me, even though I'd pulled right over as far as I could and stopped. She failed to stop, and my only satisfaction was that her mirror was not only smashed, but ripped right off the car! :censored:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts