Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sometimes charge at Alnwick infirmary on the Electrobay charger there. I've noticed that when the charge is finished that it terminates the session which then allows the cable to be unplugged. Other "posts" I have used keep the session open until you present your card. Why is this one different?

I padlock my cable to the car but others don't so could end up having their cable nicked or lying on the floor

·
Registered
456 Posts
How do you pad locking it? I've been unplugged yesterday by playing teenagers from chargemaster charging point in Lincoln Lucy tower car park and they plugged it back, but it didn't restart the charge session. I end up making additional miles to the motorway to the rapid charger and then home...

·
Registered
253 Posts
How do you pad locking it? I've been unplugged yesterday by playing teenagers from chargemaster charging point in Lincoln Lucy tower car park and they plugged it back, but it didn't restart the charge session. I end up making additional miles to the motorway to the rapid charger and then home...
I use a long shackle padlock and have opened out the holes on the connector which plugs into the car. Quick and easy to use and gives peace of mind

·
Registered
313 Posts
I do believe it doesn't lock in older chargemaster pods...
Because they were made that way, or because everyone leaves it to someone else to report the fault? I have found ChargeMaster posts that didn't lock but they got fixed when I reported it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts