Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ESC / TC warning light is flashing on my dash quite often when I go round left hand bends. Every drive it comes on at least two or three times. I'm not driving fast and the roads aren't wet or icy. I've lowered the tye pressures a little and it has helped but it still comes on every drive. It just seems to be over sensitive on left hand bends. Has anybody else had this problem?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yes, there are fairly extensive threads on this!
#1 Get your tracking checked.
#2 You may need new tyres. Don't go with a cheap brand.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Replacing the original Michelins on mine cured the flashing lights and power loss going round lefthand corners. It was more probably the wear, fronts were down to 3mm and the backs 6 and that imbalance back to front probably triggers the ESC.

Of course going round the corner slower will cure it but its not as much fun :p:D:sneaky:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.Got my local garage to try and diagnose. He came out with me with his device monitoring the four wheel sensors in real-time. He did spot differences in the wheel speeds and concluded the warnings were genuine. I had Michelins at the back and budget tyres at the front. He swapped front to back but I still get the light now and again, so I presume the problem is due to different grip front and back. On short journeys, I do tend to drive in sport mode so that won't help. Hopefully it will stop next time I change the tyres. It does seem over-sensitive compared to previous cars though. Incidentally, when I switch off the traction control the light still comes on. I presume it is then just warning of tyre slip but without actually activating the traction control.

·
Registered
448 Posts
You need to hold down the traction control button for 10 seconds or more to switch it all the way off.
To repeat my previous point, I had this issue quite badly last year until I changed all four (budget) tyres for new Goodyear's and had the tracking done. Since then I have to really provoke it to get the light to flash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts