Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
out of boredom, I did a short drive while taking some data with OBDEleven .. the idea is to know the impact of elevation change to batt consumption - something that most of us probably would already know, but I just like to put into a graph ..

the first picture is the elevation change from the route that I took (made using PlugShare.com), point-1 and point-3 is the same place (round-trip) .. the 2nd picture is from OBDEleven chart ..

most of the trips were done at 102 kph (with cruise-control) .. the temp was around 4C, the car was set at 22C .. wind was mild and sideways ..

the 2 regen at the middle of the trip was when I have to exit the highway and make a u-turn ..

some points :
  • on the steepest climb, the car was consuming 50kW, on the same spot on the way back , the car was producing around 38kW. Edit : Looking back at the data and the trip I took, I realized when we were going downhill, it's the small amount of regen for a period of time : average of 3.6kWatt for about 30s .. the last huge regen was when I'm exiting the highway ..
  • on the way back, when the car is climbing the last hill, we are actually using less energy (?)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
some correction :
Looking back at the data and the trip I took, I realized when we were going downhill, it's the small amount of regen for a period of time : average of 3.6kWatt for about 30s .. the last huge regen was when I'm exiting the highway ..

it's also show that my acceleration towards 102kph is more efficient compare to the ACC acceleration (using the res button) ..

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Not the e-golf, but you might find the numbers here interesting from the point of view of consumption vs elevation change:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts