Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I have been contemplating an EV subscription for a while now but am unsure which provider to use. Would love to hear from users of either service with some positives and negatives about the overall experience, especially if there are any quirks to the experience that I may not have been able to glean from looking at their websites.

I knew a customer that used OnTo and described it as a 'thoroughly miserable experience.' The thing is... I do like how many cars are available with OnTo but is it worth suffering with all that might go wrong with them?

Thanks and looking forward to hearing!

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,514 Posts
Have been with Onto (formerly Evezy) for over 18 months. No real problems for me. App has always worked for me just fine. Car has been great. Had a puncture - Onto agreed I could just arrange for a reputable company to come and fit a new tyre on my drive. I paid for it as punctures aren’t covered. Haven’t needed to have a service yet with the i3. Had a very minor self inflicted accident - car got repaired promptly and was given a courtesy car for a week. Will be claiming for the excess via Indurance4carhire. Took the car to Germany in summer and Onto provided the necessary documentation promptly. Not much else to say really. I know others have had various issues, but I haven’t so far (touch wood).

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
811 Posts
There’s threads on both. Different things included, which might sway your decision.

Main difference for me is that you get a key with Elmo. You also get free EU roaming, more options on monthly mileage, more workable mileage rule (with Onto you can rollover miles from one month to the next, but you can’t go into ‘debit’ first; with Elmo they only care about mileage when you hand it back)

Onto is fixed delivery fee, Elmo is per mile. They also have a £95 admin fee.

Onto has a bigger choice of cars, if you were thinking of trying a few different ones out.

I’m with Onto and would like to switch to Elmo, mainly for the key, but the cost to change is quite high, with two delivery fees and an admin fee. If I could switch cars at the same time - perhaps from the GT Line down to the regular Zoe, or if they offered the ID or Kona - then I might take the leap.

·
Registered
Ze50 GT Line Elmo Referral ISB2GG for mutual £50 off
425 Posts
I switched last week from a Onto ZE40 to a Elmo's ZE50, I'm not used yet to have a key, but that added to EU driving, working renault app and cheaper GT line CCS it does it for me. It also has the addons of getting a home charger and cheaper home electricity tariff with miles allowance.

If you have any specific questions I created this other thread:

I've only been over a week with them, and can say that the client support is much better than Onto, where I've been 1h under the rain waiting for someone to pick the phone, or a live chat that doesnt work... Also On.to's delivery was 6h late, dirty inside and driver asking for a lift in a middle of a pandemic... (Elmo's came directly from renault, live track every second and on time, with a call from the driver telling me the ETA)
They still have active the Black Friday offer, which is 1 month commitment from £379 (can be reduced further using my referral ISB2GG ) for a ZE50 GT Line CCS, now only in white colour, for delivery in a week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts