Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received this yesterday - I font have a key fob - just the two rfid cards and use our phones for entry - got pin to drive set though (from when I first got the car).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Doesn't apply to Teslas.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I haven’t got a fob for my car (model 3) - but I know you can buy them.

When my car was in for warranty jobs I got a model S as a courtesy car - that had a fob that you press the roof of the fob (shaped like a car) twice to unlock - I guess it’s that action that could be captured and recorded and used when you’re not around.

I’m sure that’s not possible with the Tesla card keys and our phones?

Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
This applies to the S not the 3.

Edited to remove erroneous mention of the X :sneaky:

Reactions: cnixon

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Possibly older Model S's

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I thought the model S fob switched off if it was left on a table for a few minutes, so relay was unlikely anyway. Clearly even then there's a short window but compared to other cars not nearly as much.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The main security threat is your username & password...and we seem happy to hand them out for fun! With this info a thief knows where you are and can access vehicle and reset passive entry and start the car even if pin to drive is set.

·
Registered
17,355 Posts
The main security threat is your username & password...and we seem happy to hand them out for fun! With this info a thief knows where you are and can access vehicle and reset passive entry and start the car even if pin to drive is set.
Two factor is coming for this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts