Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
My Eco Friendly Cross Country Transport!
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone managed to enable tyre pressure readings in Leaf Spy (iOS 11.4 on iPhone 8) on the 40kW? The main display says "New UK Leaf, enable 'Use Alternate method to read Tires' in Settings". But this option is disabled in settings. I have tried with two different OBDII units. Currently using LELink^2. Everything else seems to work.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
No, not yet.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Does not work on 2018 Leaf yet. Software will need an update.

You can see them in the car.
I have been in contact with the LeafSpy programmer and he has told me that Nissan have blocked the reading of the tyre pressures on the 2018 Leaf and he is investigating if there is a way he can get them now.
He also said that Nissan had removed the Heating/Aircon info from the CANbus too so he is no longer able to display the settings, just the power usage.
There is another change that has meant an extra setting for UK drivers to show the correct odometer mileage and that is to select the "CAN odometer in Miles" option.

I hope this helps

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have been in contact with the LeafSpy programmer and he has told me that Nissan have blocked the reading of the tyre pressures on the 2018 Leaf and he is investigating if there is a way he can get them now.
He also said that Nissan had removed the Heating/Aircon info from the CANbus too so he is no longer able to display the settings, just the power usage.
There is another change that has meant an extra setting for UK drivers to show the correct odometer mileage and that is to select the "CAN odometer in Miles" option.

I hope this helps
Do you have his contact details you could IM me? I want to ask him about something with leafspy
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts