Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I read this thread with great interest. PCP Car Handback - Inspection

Similar to the OP, I am reaching the end of my 3 year lease and will be handing my car back. This will be my first PCP inspection and I am not sure what to expect. I have even got a quote from a local car body repair workshop for the following issues (see attached):
  • 3 dents
  • 1 scuff
  • 1 tail light
The quote amounts to £650 include VAT. :eek::cry:

IMG-1825.JPG IMG-1827.JPG IMG-1829.JPG IMG-1830.JPG IMG-1831.JPG

My question is, should I get any of the above repaired?

Advice is deeply appreciated.

Thank you

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
For what it's worth I wouldn't say so . I inspect and collect such cars - all seems to be within reasonable wear and tear but if it's bigger than a golf ball then yes it will be charged for. These cars go to bodyshops sorted out and re sold. Don't worry about the chips and the paint issue - it would go down as bad paint colour and be photographed but it all comes out with a buffer machine. The dents are blocked and polished. It's down to the finance company but I wouldn't expect my Ipad to throw up any costs for that - The Alloys are the bigger issue here (if they are scuffed)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I too was worried having the rear of my Zoe scraped in a car park at some point. Manheim guys were thorough but I was relieved to get a bill for £170 which included a couple of scraped alloys. Bill was way less than quote I'd received just for rear scrape so I would sit tight.

I did contact my insurer (directline) who assured me that any bill above wear and tear I could claim for (subject to my excess of £350) but didn't bother once
I got the settlement figure.

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
thank you both for your replies.

@Pcoventry, good point about the alloys. I will take a look tomorrow.

I suppose the next step is to make sure the interiors are as clean as possible.

@Jason1970 did you dispute the charges?
Provided there are no tears or burn marks or holes - a bit of dirt is not even looked at. It gets cleaned anyway when it goes back before it's re sold however that might be :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts