Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone

Just a quick post to let you know I called Renault today regarding my zoe which I have on a PCP until June this year, I opted to call and see if I could strike a deal to keep the car as the range is enough for my requirements.

Anyways GMFV was offered at £8348 however I argued a used zoe was only £6,000 on autotrader....

The lady spoke to her manager....then asked me to hold for a few minutes.....then asked me what I was prepared to pay so I said £6,000 .....back on hold for 2-3mins..... The lady says Renault have accepted my offer, gave me bank details to make payment and now the cars mine :D

Battery lease I was told would stay on its current rate £50 p/m for the life of the car however if a better deal appears I can move onto it.

So if you have a PCP zoe and want to keep her....give them a call ... i think i called on 0333 009 0230 ill check tomorrow to confirm the number

·
Registered
135 Posts
So you have paid for it now and don't have to bother about the rest of the PCP deal?

Where do people keep £6k lying about?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They also offered it for 0% HP if this interests anyone, I still have the battery payments to keep up however yes i've paid off the car in full which I sense is a pretty good deal and anyone else wishing to keep theirs should definitely call and negotiate

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
That's good news. Our PCP is up in six months and the other half wants to keep the car. There's no way we're paying the GFV because it's far too high, but if they'll match Autotrader then we'll happily pay it off. It makes sense - they've got to write the difference off anyway; might as well save the hassle of collection/storage/auctioning.

·
Zoe Q210 Dynamique Intens, Kia Niro PHEV
1,353 Posts
So you have paid for it now and don't have to bother about the rest of the PCP deal?

Where do people keep £6k lying about?
You could take a personal loan, so it is no different to if you finance a new car in effect.

·
Zoe Q210 Dynamique Intens, Kia Niro PHEV
1,353 Posts
That's good news. Our PCP is up in six months and the other half wants to keep the car. There's no way we're paying the GFV because it's far too high, but if they'll match Autotrader then we'll happily pay it off. It makes sense - they've got to write the difference off anyway; might as well save the hassle of collection/storage/auctioning.
Shame they won't take a WBAC quote as I've been offered £4000 for an 18 month old one!!!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'd suggested the WBAC price first, and only if that wasn't accepted, then suggest AutoTrader as a fall-back price. Let's face it, you're not dealing with Renault, but RCI, who still have you on the hook for the battery. Why not try an negotiate that downwards for a 3 yo car?!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
It suits us as we were just going to replace the Zoe with a second-hand Leaf or similar. The problem is that SWMBO rather likes the Zoe and absolutely detests the Leaf. If we can keep the Zoe (ours will be three years old, so should be less than £6,000 when it comes to it) and just pay the £49/mo battery rental then we'd be delighted. The GFV of £7,500 after three years is just completely unrealistic. We have the money in the bank ready to go, so would jump at being able to just pay market price. If the 200 mile Leaf comes out as expected next year then that would be our main car and the Zoe would become the second car, so we'd likely just keep hold of it for years.

·
Registered
Corsa SRI Nav Premium
5,104 Posts
Battery lease I was told would stay on its current rate £50 p/m for the life of the car however if a better deal appears I can move onto it.
This can be altered (up not down I think). I am way over my PCP mileage and made an attempt about 3/4 months ago to get the PCP altered. My dealer contacted RCI on my behalf and then handed the phone to me. The upshot is that the PCP mileage part can't be altered, but the battery can. This I know as this is what was offered to me. I decided to keep things the same and try to be more frugal for a while.

·
Play by the king and love is all I bring
1,742 Posts
On the Leaf, RCI allowed you to pay the CAP value rather than the GFV. Anyway, it's very sensible that they're now offering this on the Zoe.

·
Registered
Corsa SRI Nav Premium
5,104 Posts
It's a shame you have to 'ask' first:mad:. If they are prepared to do this, they should come out and say it. Why does it have to be 'Fortune Favours the Brave'?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
It's a shame you have to 'ask' first:mad:. If they are prepared to do this, they should come out and say it. Why does it have to be 'Fortune Favours the Brave'?
I would imagine that plenty of people are satisfied that the amount set out in the PCP is the amount that needs to be paid. RCI would be fools to advise you otherwise. It's the same reason I switch my electricity/broadband/insurance regularly - there are deals to be done for those that make the effort.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I posted this in the hope others will ring and get the same deal should they wish to keep the car :) ps i'm now a happy zoe owner, love the car and I'm more than happy with todays offer, ps if anyone wondered I had 3 months worth of payments left when I negotiated this

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GTline CCS
885 Posts
I posted this in the hope others will ring and get the same deal should they wish to keep the car :) ps i'm now a happy zoe owner, love the car and I'm more than happy with todays offer, ps if anyone wondered I had 3 months worth of payments left when I negotiated this
Is that number Renault customer services... Sorry to be thick, but you didn't need to speak to RCI in any way regarding the agreement with them for the PCP.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is that number Renault customer services... Sorry to be thick, but you didn't need to speak to RCI in any way regarding the agreement with them for the PCP.
That might be the wrong number ill check my work phone in the morning and update it if its wrong

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GTline CCS
885 Posts
That might be the wrong number ill check my work phone in the morning and update it if its wrong
You misunderstood my question... I have a PCP and it is with RCI, i was asking if you spoke to Renault directly to negotiate the price. OR did you still need to speak to RCI... Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I rang rci i think the phone number im pretty certain was the one above however ill check this in the morning? I was simply explaining my options to them as in i needed to make a decision today not in 3months regarding what car i drive going forward As a new car has a 12week lead time.
I asked for a settlement to which the response was £8468 i they explained i could go on autotrader and purchase a 15 plate used zoe for around £6000 the comeback was please hold....then the lady said it would be the gmfv amount to which i said fine your getting the car back & ill order a new zoe instead, i was then asked to hold the line again....a few minutes later after soeaking with her manager, they had decided to offer me to pay off the car for £6,000 + the 3x remaining £75 payments so £6225 to keep the car to which i accepted, i was given the bank details & reference number to which payment should be made and was also offered 0% hp. I then continued my conversation happy with the offer however skepticle about the battery price down the line, i was told i would stay on my current price £49 p/m for 7500 miles and wouldnt have to sign a new lease as in this will continue as long as i like...so i made the bank transfer and was told i would receive a letter confirming payment in around 7-10 days along with a receipt.

I was also told something was coming in april in terms of current owners....maybe its the offer i got or maybe to extend current pcp deals?

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GTline CCS
885 Posts
Interesting.. m
I rang rci i think? I was simply explaining my options to them as in i needed to make a decision today not in 3months regarding what car i drive going forward As a new car has a 12week lead time.
I asked for a settlement to which the response was £8468 i they explained i could go on autotrader and purchase a 15 plate used zoe for around £6000 the comeback was please hold....then the lady said it would be the gmfv amount to which i said fine your getting the car back & ill order a new zoe instead, i was then asked to hold the line again....a few minutes later her manager had decided to offer me to pay off the car for £6,000 + the 3x remaining £75 payments so £6225 to keep the car to which i accepted, i was given the bank details & reference number to which payment should be made and was also offered 0% hp. I then continued my conversation happy with the offer however skepticle about the battery price down the line, i was told i would stay on my current price £49 p/m for 7500 miles and wouldnt have to sign a new lease as in this will continue as long as i like...so i made the bank transfer and was told i would receive a letter confirming payment in around 7-10 days along with a receipt.

I was also told something was coming in april in terms of current owners....maybe its the offer i got?
Many thanks for all that.. good price, now I'm curious to see what comes in April...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts